Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Proper names for "private parts"?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you teach your children the proper names for their's? I've been talking to DS (3) about the other name for his "peepee". He's now in the bath yelling "penis...PENIS...PEENIS...PEEENNNIISSS!" I think this may have backfired a little lol
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Replies (231-240):
CutieCrab
by Jen on May. 20, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Yes.

babygirl_1012
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I taught my daughter, vagina, anus, and vulva. She knows the difference between all of them and she knows penis. She finally saw what a penis looked like, because she saw my SIL change my nephew, and it was hilarious, because she had this look on her face, "That is a penis?" Lol

LoveNaCupcake
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Lol hmmm well, maybe one of his older brothers? Unless your DH is a drug addict and you live in a trailer on their parents property? O.o lol

Quoting ferne3:

DH's family does this, perhaps you dated one of them?  Or him?  I dunno, makes it a little less offesnive to me, because in my house it happens all the time....

Quoting LoveNaCupcake:

Hahaha I dated a guy who wasnt allowed to say fart, they called it fluffing. like WTF? O.o

Quoting Jennyanne322:

We use penis and vagina. I had a friend in college that called her vagina a tutu. I was not allowing that to happen.

MommaGreenhalge
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM
We use real names or "private parts." I understand having nicknames, but for Pete's sake please make them obvious nicknames. Don't let your children describe their genitalia with food names. There's something wrong with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Yes they know it's penis and vagina or vag.

dtm1491
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM

We used to call my daughter's vagina her chicken until she came home from school and asked me what the change and what a tw*t was. That began her first lesson in the female reproductive system.

Vamp
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM

They need to know, because if they are (God forbid!!) molested, they must name the private parts that were inappropriately touched.

CaiZobug
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM

When she gets older I'll teach her vagina, but for potty training stage i really don't know what i would like her to say. 

CMLaurie
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Since I had three boys my Husband and I referred to their parts as "fishbait".  LOL! And no, the boys didn't confuse that with actual fishbait when fishing. LOL!

Have a great day everyone!

Perle1
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Once while eating dinner at a friends her 2 to walked up to the table crying and said "mommy the big boys won't play with me. Also, my penis is sticking up and it won't go down." we somehow managed to hold it together without cracking up right in front of the poor little guy. After we got the kids all playing together we had a good laugh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)