Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Proper names for "private parts"?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you teach your children the proper names for their's? I've been talking to DS (3) about the other name for his "peepee". He's now in the bath yelling "penis...PENIS...PEENIS...PEEENNNIISSS!" I think this may have backfired a little lol
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Replies (31-40):
FreelanceMommy
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Well duh mom! Its not there so it must have fallen off! Come on, use your head! lmao! 

Quoting chickieboom:

He did walk in on me in the bathroom recently and told me I'm not a boy because mine fell off. I have no idea where he got that from but all I could say was "oh yeah?" Lol

Quoting FreelanceMommy:

lol for about a month my daughter went around telling everyone who in the room had a penis and who had a vagina... she told her grandpa "You probably have a penis too acuz you used to be a boy a long time ago" hahaha He said, "I'm still a boy, just a really old one" lol.

Quoting chickieboom:

Man I hope so because my poor 84-year-old grandpa may have a heart attack lol

Quoting FreelanceMommy:

Haha yes I did, and my children did the same... the novelty will wear off, no worries.

wyomom4
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this

When my niece first figured out that boys are different and had a penis, she asked everyone she saw if they had a penis... even strangers. LOL I thought my sister would die from embarassment.

MzShorty787
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:28 AM
I can't help but lol at this hahaha ^-^
itsm3
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM

dd knows the proper words and has since she was 2.   she knows she's not to use them in a silly way. 

Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Yes, as soon as they start touching it. The soon they learn the better.
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Penis and vagina
CatFishMom
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I just dont make a big thing of it. I use the proper words, as well as pee-pee, from the very beginning so theyre interchangeable. I think 'pet names' are stupid.

Aprilaaw85
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Ah, they know the proper names, but they dont use them. The actual words make me giggle a little.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
My boys call it a penis. The girls know the correct terminology, buy we call it a poonie. I know its ridiculous, but since that's what my mama taught me when I was younger, that's what I say. My 7 yo was having pain with urination not too long ago. When I took her to the doctor, it was diagnosed as irritation & inflamation by not wiping very well. My dd described it like this,"my poonie was hurting so bad. Dr gale said my vulva was red & I got some medicine for it."
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on May. 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM

smart move......

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

I have taught my daughter the correct terms. I did so because god forbid if someone touched her I don't want there to be any confusion about what happened when she is telling me or any other adult.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN