Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Proper names for "private parts"?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you teach your children the proper names for their's? I've been talking to DS (3) about the other name for his "peepee". He's now in the bath yelling "penis...PENIS...PEENIS...PEEENNNIISSS!" I think this may have backfired a little lol
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Replies (51-60):
MaskedMomma
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:55 AM

We have all girls and they have their "lady parts" their "booty" and when they get older they will have "boobies"

Octobersmom
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:03 AM
3 moms liked this

My daughter knows that she has a vagina but she says "I'm just gonna call it the front of my butt". 

casseopeia
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM

hahahaha  Boys (and men for that matter) are obsessed with their penises.

MommaH4
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:36 AM

my oldest (5 this july) knows he has a penis, but calls it a pee pee, (he also last year thought he had a brain under his penis thanks to sponge bob for showing spongebobs brain in the Ghost episode. hahaha my youngest is 18 months and we are potty training and call it a pee pee because he can say it and it makes communication easier right now

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on May. 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM
My sons not old enough but he will know he has a penis.
If I have a daughter I will teach her vagina, it may not be "proper" but its more widely used.
kraziandkoul
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Yes, I use proper names, however my husband refuses to and says wiener and hoo-ha. The kids use both.

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I think teaching your child anything other than proper names makes the actual words seem embarassing or taboo. You wouldn't re-name an arm something else, so why stigmatize the proper names for genitals?
svolkov
by Emerald Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM
As they get older yes. We usually say piska(russian for private parts lol) I say girl parts. Because seriously vagina is the ugliest damn word on earth. Yes they kniw its actually called a vagina. We just usually use other words
SlightlyPerfect
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM

An arm is an arm. An eye is an eye. I don't get why many parents don't teach children penis and vagina.

slightlyperfect

rwcw89
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM

my bfs family called the girls a Chock, and the boys a Lop (i have no clue) 

my family never had names it was *dont touch that* lol 

when i have kids ill probably give it a cute name but at a certain age when they can say it, theyll know the real name, im starting to think its time for sd to know the name shes 4 turning 5 in dec and she calls her cousins part a *stick and a ball and a unicorn*....yeahhhh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN