Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i get over him?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
This is embarrassing and depressing. I was with him for almost a year, 8 years ago! I got pregnant and let's just say things went downhill.

Fast forward. I tried moving on with my life but I couldn't. Ended a great, long term relationship because my heart was still with that guy- even tho he either treated my like shit or ignored us completely.

We've been talking on the phone and email for the last year. A very few visits, sexual tensions were high, etc. entire time, he was telling me he wants to be back with me, etc.

I was falling for it but I didn't want to be in Relationship until he moves back home and his actions prove he's worth my time.... But honestly, again, he's got my heart.

Then I was talking with his other kids grandma, and apparently he's been talking the same way with her daughter... The mother of his other child (the child he stuck around for!) He's been sending her letters and she's been sending him some too... All through a third party because she's in a relationship with another guy: they just had a baby late last year.

So yea. I've been played... But I can't get him out of my heart, out of my head. If he gets back with her, he'll get bad- she's still on heroin, she'll have him start up again. He always told me about how she'd emotionally abuse him: making fun of his teeth, calling him worthless, etc... And she'd use their kid against him (do this for me or I'll take the baby and you'll never see her again type thing)

How do I get over him? I need to... And time isn't helping. The first 6 years, he was completely absent from my life and I was still damn near stuck on him. Now that we're talking again, just as friends... Him eventually being in our sons life... It won't be as easy to get rid of him again... Not just that but I have his other kid half the time now- the kid who has a relationship with him... I can't keep him out of her life when she misses him so much.

Please help
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 1:44 AM
They are/were sending love letters... Him saying that there's no other love like hers, etc... His words to me is that I showed him what real love is, that its because of me that he's doing better, etc... Stuff that I didn't truly believe... But I honestly didn't think he'd say those thing to another female, at the same time
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Too long to read and too drunk lol get drunk with me
numonestunar
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Get under someone else. ;) jk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Lol I wish. I'm supposed to be sleeping. Gotta be up in 4 hours

Quoting Anonymous:

Too long to read and too drunk lol get drunk with me
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Haha. I was under someone for 5 years. he was ready to bring the ring out. I wasn't because I knew my heart wasn't in it. I told him the truth, we decided to separate until I figure out what I want in my future and ultimately, who I want. He's a great guy, great father figure... I'd like him in my future, I'm just not sure how... ESP when I can't get the other guy outta my mind and outta my heart

Quoting numonestunar:

lovnmy3boys
by Paula on May. 19, 2013 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Realize he's not the best choice for you and move forward. 

Dont live in the past. 

Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 2:28 AM
That's the thing, I already know he's not. I can give you a million factual reasons why I shouldn't be with him.... But only one real resin on why I should... Which is just "he has my heart"... The try is future crap... He can be a great guy, he has a bright future, etc- as long as he wants and works for it, but its not a fact.

Quoting lovnmy3boys:

Realize he's not the best choice for you and move forward. 

Dont live in the past. 

Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Soo its fine to cut out the guy whose been a father figure for 5 years of your kids life for the possibility of a guy who just came into the picture and will probably start doing drugs. . Again

Quoting Anonymous:Haha. I was under someone for 5 years. he was ready to bring the ring out. I wasn't because I knew my heart wasn't in it. I told him the truth, we decided to separate until I figure out what I want in my future and ultimately, who I want. He's a great guy, great father figure... I'd like him in my future, I'm just not sure how... ESP when I can't get the other guy outta my mind and outta my heart

Quoting numonestunar:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured