Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

help me get my family through the week for 95.00

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

dh gets paid in a week

how do we feed a family of 3 on 95 that cannot eat the following things: no grains, no dairy, no corn/legumes/beans, no potatoe.

basically only: fruits, veggies, seeds/nuts meat/poultry  and my husband refuses to eat fish.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Hot dogs and eggs

Great northern beans with pepper and a cheap ham steak cut up inside of it

Rice, unless you count that as a grain

Nothing but water to drink.

We always have a 25-50 a week budget for a family of 4.  One kid autistic and dairy free and the other on dairy but no tree nuts.  

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Lots of eggs for protein, they are cheap. I don't know what to do about filling foods since you essentially don't eat starches. How about squash? Lots of different kind of it? Squash is cheap and filling. Zuccini is a squash too. I sautée it in olive oil with garlic and yellow squash.
marney.p
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Confused

Why dont you eat all these different food. The exact food I would suggest to eat if you have no money?

Soups

french onion soup

Yellow red veg soup

or

Green yellow veg soup.

Do you eat any breads? Could you make some corn bread or something.

Stewed fruits in the crock pot in bulk.

I agree with the egg idea. Omelets and vegie fratatis

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Do you already have anything?
leota29
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Uh for $95 I could buy enough chicken and veggies for our family of 4 easy. That's not to bad to work with. Check sale adds to are where things are on sale :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Honestly I don't know since you list a lot of things that can't be eaten in your household. I'm really confused by the no corn, beans, legumes, or potatoes. That's not even really a vegan diet to work with. A lot of limitations there that would cut into making $95 go far.

I would suggest buying a turkey and whole chicken, some veggies, mixed fruit bag of some sort. That's about it. The whole chicken and turkey can be cooked and broken down into meals for the week. The veggies can be split up with the meats. The fruits can be given once a day. 

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Sounds like a paleo diet modification for tummy troubles.

Buy chicken. Lettuce cheese eggs chops and ham.

95 $ is easy. .. honestly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly I don't know since you list a lot of things that can't be eaten in your household. I'm really confused by the no corn, beans, legumes, or potatoes. That's not even really a vegan diet to work with. A lot of limitations there that would cut into making $95 go far.

I would suggest buying a turkey and whole chicken, some veggies, mixed fruit bag of some sort. That's about it. The whole chicken and turkey can be cooked and broken down into meals for the week. The veggies can be split up with the meats. The fruits can be given once a day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Well she can't buy eggs....no dairy she said. No cheese...no dairy. Her limitations are making it much more difficult. 

MommyCora
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:59 AM

I fed my family of 4 for $155 for two weeks including three meals a day plus snacks. It's not very hard, buy chicken and beef in bulk, you could steam some brocolli or whatever for sides. You could even buy canned veggies and fruit if you have to.

MommyCora
by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Eggs aren't dairy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well she can't buy eggs....no dairy she said. No cheese...no dairy. Her limitations are making it much more difficult. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)