Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

two weeks later

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:24 AM
  • 16 Replies
I had my gallbladder removed two weeks ago. Since about last week I have been getting this ugly feeling. It's like air inside my stomach but I have never felt it before. Im still in pain and pain meds don't help. Im so sick of feeling like im never going to be back to my old self. I have been trying to do more but I guess,my body isn't ready.

For those of you that had this surgery, did you every get the same weird feeling like where your gallbladder was? Also how long did it take you to get back to your old self?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:43 AM

no idea but here is a bump

NNB
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Bump, I realy don't know!
SJG1013
by SJG on May. 19, 2013 at 2:44 AM
When do you go in for a follow up? I hope you get better soon. Sorry I am no help.
xxxTrishy518xxx
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Damn I hope you get better soon. I just had heart surgery 2 weeks ago if it makes you feel better. I have been so uncomfortable since Ive had it, and depressed at times. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 19, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I was back to normal after about 2 weeks. I never had what you are describing. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 19, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Awww I hope you feel better soon. I know surgery sucks and it seems like it will never heal but it will, give it some time. But if you feel something isn't right please call or go to your doc ASAP. Take care of yourself mama and in a few weeks you will start seeing big improvements :)
3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:50 AM
yep. I had mine removed about 6 months ago and I still get that feeling.
sadeyez11
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:54 AM
What on earth is it

Quoting 3_girls_86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:59 AM
idk. I thought they forgot something inside me but they didnt. my doctor said it was normal to feel like that for a while. I hate it tho.

Quoting sadeyez11:

What on earth is it

Quoting 3_girls_86:

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:03 AM
I was told it was air trapped in my abdomen that would work itself out. Also, scar tissue is like Velcro. It sticks to anything it touches and can cause pain. My surgery was a myomectomy and it took me 8 weeks to recover. The more you're up and about the quicker you'll feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)