Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought 56 cucumbers with my food stamps! Update!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Or at least that's what my receipt says. I purchased 5 and some other food for meals for the week, along with some baby food. I had two balling children and didn't think to look at the receipt or question the amount. It took all of my FS for the rest of the month, I paid the difference, and out we went in my attempt to get my children to settle down and not disrupt any more customers. Well i looked at my receipt after I got hom end got the kids to bed and it says I bought 56 cucumbers instead of 5! I couldn't go back tonight because it was almost 9 by the time we got home and I noticed the error. Does anyone know what Wal-Marts policy is on this? I've never had this happen before. 

I posted a picture in the replies. It's on page 3.

So I took the receipt in this morning and the lady looked at me with this "Are you serious?" look as she took my receipt from me. After looking at the receipt she says "So, tell me, how'd those 56 cucumbers taste?" All we could do was laugh. Every customer service person that walked by as she was helping she would say "HEY, so and so...come check this out...Mary charged this poor girl for 56 cucumbers. Can you believe that? Poor girl probably has never paid so much for produce!" It was kinda funny. But they refunded it, all was good. I have to say that is the most interesting shopping experience I have ever had though lol. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 2:44 AM

You should have called them or went back in so they remembered you.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Call them. That sucks.

mrs.noska11
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Dude just go back they have to give you some time of credit because it was the cashiers fault
kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:45 AM

just go back and they should fix it I mean who buys that many cucumbers right.

britmichele
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:46 AM
They'll refund or. Mb on a store card, but they will
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this
They can review security cameras and just refund them.
ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Ouch, but you should be able to call.  They will know you had no need for that many.

Hartbrayka
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:48 AM
If it's a 24 hour walmart call them now
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Here there's no customer service after 9 and no refunds are done after that time. I've learned that the hard way. Ours isn't a 24 hour store either. It's one of the weirdest walmarts I've ever been in.

Quoting Anonymous:

You should have called them or went back in so they remembered you.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 2:51 AM

They aren't. Customer service is closed at 9 and they do no refunds or returns after that time. Weirdest walmart I've ever been in. It's also a walmart that was transformed into a super center, so it sucks. I've learned the ones that were built to be super centers have more items and don't seem as cramped. The old ones on the other hand are terrible.

Quoting Hartbrayka:

If it's a 24 hour walmart call them now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)