Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you do things differently?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
If you could, knowing what you know now, would you go back in time and do anything differently?

I would go back and do EVERYTHING differently. Probably starting from a young kid, single digit in age. I've pretty much thrown my life away, and I regret almost everything I've ever done, or not done. My life would probably be completely different if I could change it...not a mother, not married, never met DH, have an education, never start smoking. Seriously, I could go on forever.

Too bad life has no rewind option. Would you change anything?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MotherLady
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:44 AM
I try not to have regrets. But yes, if I could change things I would.
FreelanceMommy
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Nope. My life sucked for the first 25 years, but the past 4 years have more than made up for it.

ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I like who I am today even if the path is a bit beaten.

petie1104
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:47 AM
I think about it but then I realize that even my worst moments are what brought me to where I am and I am happy. So no, changing any one thing could leave me miserable in the present.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 19, 2013 at 2:48 AM

I kept quiet about the sexual abuse by my SF for 8 years... if I could change anything I would have told someone a lot sooner.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on May. 19, 2013 at 2:48 AM

I'd change everything after I met my ex until I met my current husband. I wouldn't have gotten maried at 20 and esp not to him! I would have gone back to school. I had my own little cute apt and my mother asked me to move in with her & her husband, i did, I shouldn't have. I'd stay in my little Apt and just go to school when I wasn't working.

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on May. 19, 2013 at 2:49 AM

God yes.

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Not a damn thing. I did everything right and I've had a charmed life.
1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't regret a single decision I've ever made, and there have been some major mistakes in my life. The nice thing about making choices is the abilty to change them. Don't like where you live? Move. Don't like being married? Divorce. Don't like being a mom? Find a way to do it better. I can't imagine living like you do. How sad. I guess some people are good at playing the victim. I never have. I own the things that have happened to me because of choices I made. If they're bad, I try to do better the next time. I don't whine about how shitty I have it.
What decisions, small or big can you make today to improve your life?
2metalbabies
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:55 AM
I wouldn't change a thing. I look back at all the things I could have done differently, but I wouldn't be the person that I am now, and I honestly love my life. I honestly have no regrets. I am the kind of person who believes that everything happens for a reason and that life is what you make of it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN