Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you take your kid to the barber... when he has lice??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

I spent mothers day killing lice on my 7 year old.  He has longer hair. I was telling it to a friend and she said she dont "waste time" on that. She just take her son to the barber and get a buzz cut, wash his hair back home and he is done. Lice is gone!

I ask if she tells the barber about the lice and she says he usually didnt even notice. They "fall with the hair" . Do you do this? I was disgusted and she thought I was being silly. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AF2011
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 5:19 AM

Well in my state, hair dressers are not allowed to cut someone's hair who has lice.

rliperote2
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:20 AM

ewh my kids (knock on wood) have never had lice

Lili0509
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:22 AM

I dnt think thats the best idea.....well maybe you could cut his hair at home and then do those treatments to kill the lice.

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on May. 19, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Ewww... no. I would buy clippers and do it myself, but not a barber. My sister is a hairdresser and once had to tell a woman she had lice. She said the woman broke into tears. My sister felt bad, but could not and would not cut the woman's hair.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 19, 2013 at 5:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't take him to a barber, I would just buzz it myself.

SageAdvice
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know, I always put tea tree oil, mint and rosemary in my childrens shampoo. They have never had lice. ( ages 27 - 11 )

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 19, 2013 at 5:45 AM

We have always done the same (ages 16 - 10).

Quoting SageAdvice:

I don't know, I always put tea tree oil, mint and rosemary in my childrens shampoo. They have never had lice. ( ages 27 - 11 )

RoseBlossom
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:48 AM

um they DO notice. i have asked this of my gma who was a hair stylist for years and years, and i have asked other hair stylists too. she said, sometimes i get them in here( ppl who have lice) and i have to tell them they have lice

luvem630
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:51 AM
That's gross and messed up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 5:56 AM
When I asked if the barber didn't complain she said she didnt told him ans he didnt notice. I am just grossed out. Can't believe she does this

My oldest is 13 never had lice. Not even this time but this little fella has gotten it twice this year. Got rid of it. He just passed his follow up check up by mamma and daddy. Found no lice today. Yay!

Quoting AF2011:

Well in my state, hair dressers are not allowed to cut someone's hair who has lice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN