Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raining babies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
So yea my son has just started rolling yesterday so me and my bf put a ton of pillows around him and he went to the bathroom I walked into the kitchen to wash a bottle next thing I hear is a huge bang and crying. My son had pulled a pillow out of he way and rolled off the bed. Needless to say me and my bf were terrified we called the doctor and brought him in for an appt and made sure everything was ok. The lady at the check in and the doctor both laughed and admitted that it happened to there kids and my mother even told me I did it several times at a baby.
So my question to you ladies is have you ever dropped your baby or have they ever rolled off the bed before?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 19, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

yep. My son rolled off the bed. We were so freaked we rushed him to er. the nice dr chuckled but ran tests to make sure he was fine. He didnt even have a red mark on his head LOL ahhh I miss new parent days..

WifeyMommy2011
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Yea he rolled off, it happened so fast I tried.to grab him in time but failed. Took him to a Dr that time too cuz I was worried. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Urgh
Kmary
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Yes both my children rolled off the bed.  But both times it was before they could roll (or before I realized they could).  Then lesson learned:  they can roll and thus can not be left unattended on the bed.

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Happens to everyone eventually. You're not a bad parent because of that :)

CBMomma42
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM
My oldest ds did a flip out of his crib at 7 months. Ex husband and I didn't lower the mattress when he started pulling up..one day he was standing up bouncing and did a flip right onto the carpet. Scared the shit outta both of us and we both started crying, we felt so bad.
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on May. 19, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep! 1 month old and rolled right off the bed :(. But she was fine.

My older brother... When he was less than 2 months old.. My mom slipped at the too of the stairs and he went FLYING and landed at the bottom. They rushed him to the doctor and he was fine.. My sister was holding him when she was 2.. He was still very small.. My mom said "RACHEL!" And she opened her arms and dropped him immediately... On his head. And another time he road the baby gate allll the way down the stairs and landed...of course.. On his head :P.

Now he's 28.. He's a geologist and is Workih on his masters in environmental engineering. Even with the bumps.. He's still a genius :P
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM
If being dropped makes us dumber can you imagine how smart some would be if they were never dropped.

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Yep! 1 month old and rolled right off the bed :(. But she was fine.

My older brother... When he was less than 2 months old.. My mom slipped at the too of the stairs and he went FLYING and landed at the bottom. They rushed him to the doctor and he was fine.. My sister was holding him when she was 2.. He was still very small.. My mom said "RACHEL!" And she opened her arms and dropped him immediately... On his head. And another time he road the baby gate allll the way down the stairs and landed...of course.. On his head :P.

Now he's 28.. He's a geologist and is Workih on his masters in environmental engineering. Even with the bumps.. He's still a genius :P

manda.
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Yes once and I almost had a heart attack lol
DestinyRoseLC
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Nah but that is some funny shit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured