Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much do you pay for Childcare?

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 75 Replies

I've been a SAHM for most of the time I've had my two boys which is roughly 4 years. I've had part-time jobs but they could always be planned around my husband's schedule so other than a few scheduling conflicts that required an emergency sitter - most of the time my mom just took them - we haven't had to pay for regular childcare. However, recently I got a dream job offer so I took it and this time I can't schedule it around my husband's job at all. For the first time I went searching for good childcare for my 2 boys and OH MY GOSH it's expensive!! I'm not sure if the prices I'm getting are bogus or what!

So my question to you mommies is how much do you pay in childcare? This will help me figure out if what I'm getting quoted is reasonable or not. I know where I live probably affects the pricing (Chicago Land) but dang, just dang! 

by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on May. 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I live in metro Detroit and I pay 112 a week for two full days.
awesome daycare though, I love it.

beco8627
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Your best bet is to find an in home child care. I watch kids and save my parents hundreds a month...I'm in Columbus Oh.
blondieinva80
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I pay $30 a day for a private home baby sitter
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM
860/month for 8 hours/5 days per week. It's the most reasonable I've found around here and just blocks from my job, so works out great.
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I usr an in home sitter. I have twin 2 year olds. She charges me $25 a day. I usually only use her 3 days a week and my parents take them the other 2 for grandparent time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 19, 2013 at 9:19 AM
$500 a month five days a week.
sam12796
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I did some pretty lengthy interviews with many many daycares. Some were not so good and some were outstanding. Pricewise for both my girls they ranged from 180 a week to  400 a week depending on what you were looking for. Now the 400 a week was also a school which would teach them to read and know a second language by 5 years old and did lots of outings etc..ultimately I chose one that is 287 a week. Good solid daycare with clean rooms, friendly staff, and it is a preschool. I am happy with them. Now when my youngest enters kindergarten it will drop to 190 a week they will drop them off at school pick them up and watch them after school for a couple hours.

Kris_PBG
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM
My sons 3 year old room was from 7:30-4 and was $160 a week. If parents needed later, the rate was higher
JTROX
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:22 AM

$5 an hour for before school care at a daycare center.

amanda_mom89
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:22 AM
$185 a week (5 days, 8 hours) for two girls ages 2 and 4
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)