Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

varicose veins

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 23 Replies

I have developed varicose veins on my right leg, due to the pressure the baby is putting on a vein. Well, they are ugly and they hurt! For anyone else who has experienced this, do they go away after pregnancy without surgery?

-Kara Ann

by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dlnimo
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I had mine before having kids due to always being on my feet while working. They only got worse with each pregnancy and have not gone away :(
kann16
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I never had them before, and I am only 19. I am hoping they go away. It is only on my right leg, and I am wearing support hose to help them (they are my grandma's T.E.D hose!) Do you use anything that you could recommend? My doctor was going to write me a prescription for socks or something, but never did.

Quoting dlnimo:

I had mine before having kids due to always being on my feet while working. They only got worse with each pregnancy and have not gone away :(

-Kara Ann

hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I got one during pregnancy that I didn't notice until a couple months ago. There are procedures you can get but idk if insurance covers it.
Mine doesn't hurt tho.
dlnimo
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I should use something, but I don't. I'm 40 though and it's inevitable I'll have them! With your age yours might go away on their own. Keep using the hose it really does make a difference!

Quoting kann16:

I never had them before, and I am only 19. I am hoping they go away. It is only on my right leg, and I am wearing support hose to help them (they are my grandma's T.E.D hose!) Do you use anything that you could recommend? My doctor was going to write me a prescription for socks or something, but never did.

Quoting dlnimo:

TugboatWifey
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Amputation is your only option. You're welcome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 9:33 AM

My mom had surgery for her a couple years ago. Prior to the surgery, the doctor had her wear compression stockings. Her insurance covers the sx.

kann16
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM

mine go down my whole leg, they are a mix of spider veins and varicose. blah!

Quoting hp2011:

I got one during pregnancy that I didn't notice until a couple months ago. There are procedures you can get but idk if insurance covers it.
Mine doesn't hurt tho.

-Kara Ann

kann16
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, you really should wear the hose! trust me, it really helps with standing, I stand all day at work. They make your legs less tired, and it doesn't hurt as bad at the end of the night.

Quoting dlnimo:

I should use something, but I don't. I'm 40 though and it's inevitable I'll have them! With your age yours might go away on their own. Keep using the hose it really does make a difference!

Quoting kann16:

Quoting dlnimo:

-Kara Ann

kann16
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM

what kind of stalkings did she use? and were hers because of pregnancy?

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom had surgery for her a couple years ago. Prior to the surgery, the doctor had her wear compression stockings. Her insurance covers the sx.

-Kara Ann

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM
My mom had her veins stripped.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)