Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is no good reason to do routine infant circumcision.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 955 Replies
48 moms liked this
It's your choice as a mom? Well guess what, not your body.

It looks better? Again that should be his choice what his penis looks like.

Its cleaner? Nope. Intact penises are just as clean.

UTIs? Again, no need to worry. Just don't retract the foreskin!! That's what causes almost all the "problems"associated with intact boys.

Jewish tradition? I don't see anyone sacrificing animals anymore, and circumcision as it is practiced today likely originated in Victorian times in an attempt to prevent masturbation. Zipporah circumcised her son with a rock. Was it the whole foreskin or just a small cut to mark dedication to God? Go watch a video of modern circumcision and think whether or not you could do that process with a rock.

It prevents STDs? Nope. AIDS and all those other diseases were problems even when circumcision rates were high. Teach your child to wear a condom.

He'll look like daddy? Since when do a boy's genitals need to match their father's? The boy will likely understand your reasoning for leaving him intact and appreciate it. If not then he can be circumcised of his own choice.

He'll get made fun of in the locker room? Statistics are iffy and vary, but it seems a general consensus that intact boys are NOT in the minority as they used to be. 40 to 50% are thought to be remaining uncircumcised. And really, are you going to give your daughter breast enhancements so she won't be made fun of? What if your son has some other feature or trait that Gets ridiculed? Peer acceptance is not a reason to cut off a nody part.

Cancer? Let's remove all cervixes, ovaries, breasts, and prostates too while we're at it.

In conclusion, there is no need to perform this unnecessary, painful procedure at such a young age. It is not necessary. It is not just a piece of skin. It will hurt. And there is NO GOOD REASON to. This is not meant to make anyone feel guilty, just to educate for better choices in the future. Please, leave your sons intact.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moms2be0109
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM
11 moms liked this

Because you gave birth to that child. Are you saying you will never make a decision for you child ever?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM
19 moms liked this
Yes, I make decisions for my child every day. Cutting off a piece of his body unnecessarily is not a decision that is mine to make.

Quoting Moms2be0109:

Because you gave birth to that child. Are you saying you will never make a decision for you child ever?

Mamabear010
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I make decisions for my child every day. Cutting off a piece of his body unnecessarily is not a decision that is mine to make.

Quoting Moms2be0109:

I assume you'll fully support him including pay for the operation and recovery and nursing him back to health if he decides later to get it done, correct? Because otherwise your still projecting your choice on him.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM
5 moms liked this
Quit it. You are beating a dead horse
My sons my choice
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM
My sil just had her son circumsized, he's almost 2. She also had her older boys circumsized at ages 9 and 6. I was so mad. The reason is because her dh's family has a history of male uti's and infections. Why wouldn't you just do it at birth if that was the case?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM
11 moms liked this

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:14 PM
7 moms liked this
No boy of mine will go through surgery unless there is an actual medical problem.
Moms2be0109
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:14 PM
2 moms liked this

But putting their body in harms way by getting into the car, choosing to vaccinate or not too. Those still fall on the same lines. You could choose not to vaccinate and your child get cancer, or the other way around, then what. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Moms2be0109:

lesbiansjugglingfloating in pooljuly 4th

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 19, 2013 at 1:14 PM
20 moms liked this

Got to love the penis police *sarcasm* 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM
19 moms liked this
Excuse me, but unless you have an uncircumcised penis on YOUR body, you don't know what it's like to be intact. Dh is uncircumcised and knows what he has been through HEALTH wise his whole life, whether or not he's showered (he used to be military and they can't always shower every day when in the field). He made the choice for our kid, and that is his (and my) right.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)