Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is no good reason to do routine infant circumcision.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
It's your choice as a mom? Well guess what, not your body.

It looks better? Again that should be his choice what his penis looks like.

Its cleaner? Nope. Intact penises are just as clean.

UTIs? Again, no need to worry. Just don't retract the foreskin!! That's what causes almost all the "problems"associated with intact boys.

Jewish tradition? I don't see anyone sacrificing animals anymore, and circumcision as it is practiced today likely originated in Victorian times in an attempt to prevent masturbation. Zipporah circumcised her son with a rock. Was it the whole foreskin or just a small cut to mark dedication to God? Go watch a video of modern circumcision and think whether or not you could do that process with a rock.

It prevents STDs? Nope. AIDS and all those other diseases were problems even when circumcision rates were high. Teach your child to wear a condom.

He'll look like daddy? Since when do a boy's genitals need to match their father's? The boy will likely understand your reasoning for leaving him intact and appreciate it. If not then he can be circumcised of his own choice.

He'll get made fun of in the locker room? Statistics are iffy and vary, but it seems a general consensus that intact boys are NOT in the minority as they used to be. 40 to 50% are thought to be remaining uncircumcised. And really, are you going to give your daughter breast enhancements so she won't be made fun of? What if your son has some other feature or trait that Gets ridiculed? Peer acceptance is not a reason to cut off a nody part.

Cancer? Let's remove all cervixes, ovaries, breasts, and prostates too while we're at it.

In conclusion, there is no need to perform this unnecessary, painful procedure at such a young age. It is not necessary. It is not just a piece of skin. It will hurt. And there is NO GOOD REASON to. This is not meant to make anyone feel guilty, just to educate for better choices in the future. Please, leave your sons intact.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Replies (951-955):
momto2boys973
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Quoting VanessaCB:

"I don't MAKE it a human rights issue. It IS a human rights issue, period"

No, it's NOT. Neither the UN or Amnesty International consider male circumcision a human rights issue. So yes, YOU are the one making it so in your own mind. But sadly for you, it's not a reality. Deal with it.
LT2266
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:43 PM
I heard that if you don't circumcise your baby, it adds about 3-4 years to his life. When my ds was a baby I decided to have him circumcised but I don't think I'll be doing it again if I have another boy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I would say that particular claim is speculative, but there are many other more concrete reasons not to. Good for you for thinking about this! I hope if you do have another boy he gets left intact.

Quoting LT2266:

I heard that if you don't circumcise your baby, it adds about 3-4 years to his life. When my ds was a baby I decided to have him circumcised but I don't think I'll be doing it again if I have another boy.
militlady
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 3:40 AM

My husband actually insisted on getting our son circumcised our son. His brother was circumcised at 58 years old because of recurring infections and nearly died from the last infection.

69Sammy
by on Jun. 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Anonymous, what is your name? Where do you come from? (figuratively)

If the researchers found out that you live an average of 10 years longer if you are circumcised, you would still be against it! You have an "absolute" stance against circumcising!

I'll bet my bottom dollar you are an elderly gay male who has a lifelong love/obsession with foreskins! You probably troll the internet daily looking for any mention of the words circumcise to go sprout you anti-circumcision diatribe there  at every opportunity!

There are maybe 3 to 5 or so of your type worldwide doing the whole anti-circumcision campaign!

Guess what? I'm a woman, and I love a circumcised penis! I love it for how it looks. I love it for how much better it feels inside me. I love it for how much cleaner it is! I can go on too.....

My boyfriend is circumcised, as an adult at age 30 and it's gorgeous! He said it was not at all sore either! His vasectomy in contrast was quite painfull though. He was able to masturbate 12 days after he was snipped and had sex 3 weeks afterwards. He loves being circumcised!

I had my son fully circumcised at 3 months, and it's beautiful!

There are legions of women out here who prefer a circumcised penis but just don't voice their feelings/opinions/choice publicly!

Get used to it, male circumcision will always be with us, even though it goes in and out of fashion/vogue in a cyclical manner! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN