Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is no good reason to do routine infant circumcision.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
It's your choice as a mom? Well guess what, not your body.

It looks better? Again that should be his choice what his penis looks like.

Its cleaner? Nope. Intact penises are just as clean.

UTIs? Again, no need to worry. Just don't retract the foreskin!! That's what causes almost all the "problems"associated with intact boys.

Jewish tradition? I don't see anyone sacrificing animals anymore, and circumcision as it is practiced today likely originated in Victorian times in an attempt to prevent masturbation. Zipporah circumcised her son with a rock. Was it the whole foreskin or just a small cut to mark dedication to God? Go watch a video of modern circumcision and think whether or not you could do that process with a rock.

It prevents STDs? Nope. AIDS and all those other diseases were problems even when circumcision rates were high. Teach your child to wear a condom.

He'll look like daddy? Since when do a boy's genitals need to match their father's? The boy will likely understand your reasoning for leaving him intact and appreciate it. If not then he can be circumcised of his own choice.

He'll get made fun of in the locker room? Statistics are iffy and vary, but it seems a general consensus that intact boys are NOT in the minority as they used to be. 40 to 50% are thought to be remaining uncircumcised. And really, are you going to give your daughter breast enhancements so she won't be made fun of? What if your son has some other feature or trait that Gets ridiculed? Peer acceptance is not a reason to cut off a nody part.

Cancer? Let's remove all cervixes, ovaries, breasts, and prostates too while we're at it.

In conclusion, there is no need to perform this unnecessary, painful procedure at such a young age. It is not necessary. It is not just a piece of skin. It will hurt. And there is NO GOOD REASON to. This is not meant to make anyone feel guilty, just to educate for better choices in the future. Please, leave your sons intact.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
TrouserMouse
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't care. 4 of my boys are circ'd, 1 is intact... All are happy and healthy, none are traumatized.
ilana_ny
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Oh, poor babies. My cousin had his at 8yo, it was very painful for him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My sil just had her son circumsized, he's almost 2. She also had her older boys circumsized at ages 9 and 6. I was so mad. The reason is because her dh's family has a history of male uti's and infections. Why wouldn't you just do it at birth if that was the case?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
We need to get over this attitude though. How many times have I heard this in relation to over the top punishments. "Well, it's MY child so I can make them eat hot sauce if I want to." This is a SURGERY for no reason, not just a parenting style choice that can be adjusted later.

Quoting silverdawn99:

Quit it. You are beating a dead horse

My sons my choice
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM
12 moms liked this
It's a piece of skin on their penis. Not like we are chopping off an arm.

Get over yourself and you aren't educating your being a bitch.
You don't want to circumcise then fine. Your kid. I do, my kid.... See how that works?

Oh and btw either way it goes your making that choice for him. Think....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Because right after a baby is born is not the time to do surgery!

Quoting Anonymous:

My sil just had her son circumsized, he's almost 2. She also had her older boys circumsized at ages 9 and 6. I was so mad. The reason is because her dh's family has a history of male uti's and infections. Why wouldn't you just do it at birth if that was the case?
kymomma1974
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM
5 moms liked this
And your opinion matters to everyone else why?
DarksMama
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM
3 moms liked this

None of your damned business what happens to my son's penis. Mind your own.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Actually jewish tradition of circumcision started in biblical times to show how much faith you had in God. Read about Abraham and Isaac. And as parents we are all going to make decisions about and for our kids that not everyone will agree with 100%. Don't like that my boys are circed, all Werner formula fed,diaper wearing and vaccinated kids, oh well not your kids to worry about. They are mine and I and their father will make the best decisions for them until they have an opinion or can make the choices for themselves.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this
So? I did my research before I had my first son and I am happy with my choice

Quoting Anonymous:

We need to get over this attitude though. How many times have I heard this in relation to over the top punishments. "Well, it's MY child so I can make them eat hot sauce if I want to." This is a SURGERY for no reason, not just a parenting style choice that can be adjusted later.

Quoting silverdawn99:

Quit it. You are beating a dead horse

My sons my choice
kaylaybaby666
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM
4 moms liked this
I plan to get my boy circumcised. I think its better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)