Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is no good reason to do routine infant circumcision.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
It's your choice as a mom? Well guess what, not your body.

It looks better? Again that should be his choice what his penis looks like.

Its cleaner? Nope. Intact penises are just as clean.

UTIs? Again, no need to worry. Just don't retract the foreskin!! That's what causes almost all the "problems"associated with intact boys.

Jewish tradition? I don't see anyone sacrificing animals anymore, and circumcision as it is practiced today likely originated in Victorian times in an attempt to prevent masturbation. Zipporah circumcised her son with a rock. Was it the whole foreskin or just a small cut to mark dedication to God? Go watch a video of modern circumcision and think whether or not you could do that process with a rock.

It prevents STDs? Nope. AIDS and all those other diseases were problems even when circumcision rates were high. Teach your child to wear a condom.

He'll look like daddy? Since when do a boy's genitals need to match their father's? The boy will likely understand your reasoning for leaving him intact and appreciate it. If not then he can be circumcised of his own choice.

He'll get made fun of in the locker room? Statistics are iffy and vary, but it seems a general consensus that intact boys are NOT in the minority as they used to be. 40 to 50% are thought to be remaining uncircumcised. And really, are you going to give your daughter breast enhancements so she won't be made fun of? What if your son has some other feature or trait that Gets ridiculed? Peer acceptance is not a reason to cut off a nody part.

Cancer? Let's remove all cervixes, ovaries, breasts, and prostates too while we're at it.

In conclusion, there is no need to perform this unnecessary, painful procedure at such a young age. It is not necessary. It is not just a piece of skin. It will hurt. And there is NO GOOD REASON to. This is not meant to make anyone feel guilty, just to educate for better choices in the future. Please, leave your sons intact.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
paknari
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:18 PM
3 moms liked this
People like you are so obnoxious. Shut up already.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
It's a piece of skin that is there to protect their penis. Yes, I'm making a choice. But guess what, it's a choice that can be changed if my son wants to.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

It's a piece of skin on their penis. Not like we are chopping off an arm.

Get over yourself and you aren't educating your being a bitch.

You don't want to circumcise then fine. Your kid. I do, my kid.... See how that works?

Oh and btw either way it goes your making that choice for him. Think....
Josie_P
Too bad, so sad. Blah blah blah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma.meg
You have your beliefs and everyone has their own!

When I was unsure about having my son circumsized .. my father yes my father said it needed to be done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
And you think it's better for a baby? I understand that children have to go through pain and surgeries sometimes. But why right after they're born?

Quoting ilana_ny:

Oh, poor babies. My cousin had his at 8yo, it was very painful for him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My sil just had her son circumsized, he's almost 2. She also had her older boys circumsized at ages 9 and 6. I was so mad. The reason is because her dh's family has a history of male uti's and infections. Why wouldn't you just do it at birth if that was the case?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 19, 2013 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Stop being obsessed with other kids penises perv
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Good for you!

Quoting norahsmommy:

No boy of mine will go through surgery unless there is an actual medical problem.
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Protect their penis? The flap of skin protects their penis? That's your argument?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a piece of skin that is there to protect their penis. Yes, I'm making a choice. But guess what, it's a choice that can be changed if my son wants to.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

It's a piece of skin on their penis. Not like we are chopping off an arm.

Get over yourself and you aren't educating your being a bitch.

You don't want to circumcise then fine. Your kid. I do, my kid.... See how that works?

Oh and btw either way it goes your making that choice for him. Think....
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Well then when my next son is cut ill make sure not to tell you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I agree with the fact there's no need, but why beat the dead horse?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)