Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is no good reason to do routine infant circumcision.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
It's your choice as a mom? Well guess what, not your body.

It looks better? Again that should be his choice what his penis looks like.

Its cleaner? Nope. Intact penises are just as clean.

UTIs? Again, no need to worry. Just don't retract the foreskin!! That's what causes almost all the "problems"associated with intact boys.

Jewish tradition? I don't see anyone sacrificing animals anymore, and circumcision as it is practiced today likely originated in Victorian times in an attempt to prevent masturbation. Zipporah circumcised her son with a rock. Was it the whole foreskin or just a small cut to mark dedication to God? Go watch a video of modern circumcision and think whether or not you could do that process with a rock.

It prevents STDs? Nope. AIDS and all those other diseases were problems even when circumcision rates were high. Teach your child to wear a condom.

He'll look like daddy? Since when do a boy's genitals need to match their father's? The boy will likely understand your reasoning for leaving him intact and appreciate it. If not then he can be circumcised of his own choice.

He'll get made fun of in the locker room? Statistics are iffy and vary, but it seems a general consensus that intact boys are NOT in the minority as they used to be. 40 to 50% are thought to be remaining uncircumcised. And really, are you going to give your daughter breast enhancements so she won't be made fun of? What if your son has some other feature or trait that Gets ridiculed? Peer acceptance is not a reason to cut off a nody part.

Cancer? Let's remove all cervixes, ovaries, breasts, and prostates too while we're at it.

In conclusion, there is no need to perform this unnecessary, painful procedure at such a young age. It is not necessary. It is not just a piece of skin. It will hurt. And there is NO GOOD REASON to. This is not meant to make anyone feel guilty, just to educate for better choices in the future. Please, leave your sons intact.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Because it's backed up by good reasons, and there may be a mom out there trying to decide who doesn't know these things.

Quoting kymomma1974:

And your opinion matters to everyone else why?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Why? Out of genuine curiousity?

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I plan to get my boy circumcised. I think its better.
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Agree, but this argument gets so old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeweldragons
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this

How about you and every other anti circ person mind your own fucking damn business and let parents do as they want?  You CANNOT make circumcision illegal based on religious reason in America!  You would be going against the first amendment.  Jews AND Muslims circumcise their sons.  It's part of those two religions.  I don't understand why there are so many women on this website and this group that are concerned with little boys' penises. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 19, 2013 at 1:25 PM
It never is! If it wasn't necessary don't you think our bodies would have evolved already? At least when it's done as babies they won't remember the pain.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because right after a baby is born is not the time to do surgery!

Quoting Anonymous:

My sil just had her son circumsized, he's almost 2. She also had her older boys circumsized at ages 9 and 6. I was so mad. The reason is because her dh's family has a history of male uti's and infections. Why wouldn't you just do it at birth if that was the case?

Ealane2011
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Blah blah blah..... Regardless I will still get it done if I have a boy. Fuck it if you think less of me for doing it.
caito
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I agree!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

The pain and recovery is MUCH worse as an adult. My BIL wishes his mother had him circe'd as an infant. He went through torture getting it done as an adult. It was a torture his own son will never have to go through for he's DONE. ;)

Quoting Anonymou

Guess what. He can choose to have the procedure done then.

Quoting Anonymous:

Excuse me, but unless you have an uncircumcised penis on YOUR body, you don't know what it's like to be intact. Dh is uncircumcised and knows what he has been through HEALTH wise his whole life, whether or not he's showered (he used to be military and they can't always shower every day when in the field). He made the choice for our kid, and that is his (and my) right.

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM
She is an adult. She made the decision for herself. Her parents didn't make the decision for her at birth.

Quoting Anonymous:

OP- Your kid, nope? Not your concern. ;)

As far as cancer goes, didn't Angelina Jolie have a PREVENTATIVE procedure in which she voluntarily removed her breasts? Do you ridicule HER?

heathermarie23
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Why do you care about what people do with their children, go worry about your own kids.  My kid, my choice.  When they are grown I'll make a point to ask them if they regret me making that choice for them... I've known a few grown men who had to have theirs done later in life and it was very painful.  It's a peice of skin, not a major body part.  Get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)