Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

who decides dinner?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm a SAHM to three and expecting our 4th in approx 5 weeks. My dh works long hours outdoors so I get that he's exhausted and wants dinner on the table when he gets home. I TRY to do this for him however, he doesn't work a set schedule so he doesn't come home at the same time every evening...though I usually aim for about 5pm. I usually plan and have dinner made or get it delivered by this time every weeknight but on the weekends I EXPECT his input. He doesn't work weekends and he usually has his own opinions about what he wants or doesn't want.
Am I supposed to plan, cook, serve and clean up EVERY NIGHT?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Replies (111-112):
taminick32
by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:08 AM
We go out to dinner almost every night
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Well, it's not like I'm dying but it's not like I'm "normal" either...my feet are swollen, my back aches, I'm super tired for the second half of the day...not to mention the dizzy spells I keep getting because I'm super stressed and don't have time to sit down and eat a proper meal...

Quoting notjstasocermom:

yes even on the weekends. And you are pregnant thats not a big deal really.

Quoting Anonymous:

Even the weekends though? My kids are all 5 and under so life can be a little hectic sometimes. All I ask is that he helps me decide on the weekends since his plans usually include us being out all day and then I'm supposed to jump right into cooking dinner when I'm nearly 9 months pregnant? I think I deserve a little help.

I mean I'm a STAY at home mom, not a SLAVE at home mom

Quoting nocalmegan:

"Am I supposed to plan, cook, serve and clean up EVERY NIGHT?"

Um yes you're a sahm, kind of your job lol. It's not that hard. I do it every night.

I decide because I cook. Dh cant boil water. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)