Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

who decides dinner?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm a SAHM to three and expecting our 4th in approx 5 weeks. My dh works long hours outdoors so I get that he's exhausted and wants dinner on the table when he gets home. I TRY to do this for him however, he doesn't work a set schedule so he doesn't come home at the same time every evening...though I usually aim for about 5pm. I usually plan and have dinner made or get it delivered by this time every weeknight but on the weekends I EXPECT his input. He doesn't work weekends and he usually has his own opinions about what he wants or doesn't want.
Am I supposed to plan, cook, serve and clean up EVERY NIGHT?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 19, 2013 at 6:00 PM

So you want your husband to work long hours away from the house, busting his ass, paying all the bills, but you can't be bothered to make a meal plan and do a few dishes?

Sorry can't help you.

I work full time, raise my kids, and make meal plans, because I am my husbands partner, i want to make our lives smoother and do things to try to make it smooth, so I do what I do best, and he does what he does best.

Im not petty trying to itemize what I do and what he does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Lucky you!

Quoting sadiebug1228:

In our house. Whoever cooks doesn't have to clean. Although I pitch in anyway lol my df isn't picky about food. Usually I have it ready when he gets home but sometimes I wait and ask him to help cook since I help clean
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I ask what their thoughts are for the week of dinners. I usually cook. I like to cook. We all help to clean up at night. They kids are expected to take there dishes into the kitchen.

Pnukey
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Yes, you are. When I didn't work, and when I am off for summer break, I had/will have dinner ready at about 5 every night. If DH doesn't like what I make one night, he can make a request for the next day, or he can text me during the day for that day. Otherwise, he is left to my decision, and it's most likely going to be chicken. :)

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Nope if he isn't working he should be helping.

Who ever is home is who plans dinners here. Sometimes me sometimes DH or sometimes the kids just make something on their own. We have odd schedules but we sit down for dinner every sat and sun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MariannLws
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I plan every meal, server every meal and clean up from every meal. Why? I love to cook. Cooking is my zen. 

If my husband is working late I usually make him a plate and wrap it up so I can pop it into the microwave when he gets home. 

WandaSue
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM

i do it all :) if i asked SO it would be meatloaf every night

lenashark
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM

We all do. Sometimes I'll choose it, sometimes my husband says "hey, lets make a steak tonight", sometimes my son will request something, we take turns. 

VannaMae307
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I usually do but always consider special requests if he has one. I sometimes print out a bunch of recipes and have him sift through and pick which ones he'd like for the week. Otherwise it's just whatever I make is what is for dinner.

CoastieWifey83
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, I don't know why I find this funny but I'm cracking up.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

I offer options but I make the ultimate decision and take care of everything. I frown at people messing around in my kitchen. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN