Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

serious question please do not bash

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
Im so lost. Dd is 6 weeks old. Shes been a fairly good baby, kinda fussy but overall ok. Lately though it seems shes so incredibly restless (not sleeping unless on my chest curled up or on play mat sooooo i dony sleep....ever) she constantly seems like something is bothering her stomach. She poops pretty regularly, had 2 days where she was straining so her dr had me give her 1oz of pear juice and it worked like a charm....she took a good poop! Well here we are again, she pooped really well today and yesterday so i dont think thats it. My mil suggested a little bit of rice cereal to help weigh the formula down and possibly settle her belly? Does this make sense or should i make an appt with ped? At her 4 week check up he said she was perfect and this is all new....
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Bumpppppppppp
MoMofTWOkiddos
by Cindy on May. 19, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Make appointment with ped. It could mean anything. It's better to be safe then sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 19, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she's having a hard time with the formula digestion?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM

You are not supposed to put cereal in bottles and at 6 weeks that could cause more tummy problems.    Try putting her in her car seat to sleep.   My dd slept in hers for the first 4 months becaue she would not sleep anywhere but on me or in her seat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Only you know your baby. Putting rice cereal in their bottles too early is related to allergies, I forget how. I can tell you that we both my kids I added rice cereal to their bottles around tha time and they did fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Maybe gas?
ShesALady
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM

My baby around that time started getting fussy and not sleeping well. I took dairy out of my diet and she does much better. She still likes to fall asleep next to me though and then I lay her down in her bassinet. I didn't know babies could have juice at 6 weeks and I'm not sure about the cereal. I heard that was only for reflux if they're spitting up a lot. Babies go through stages and their body is figuring things out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)