Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Heartless CIO moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 162 Replies
12 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Think about this next time.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvaTheDiva29
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:38 PM
4 moms liked this

whhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tnunley
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM
6 moms liked this
What sane person likes to cry themselves to sleep? Then why would you let your helpless LO do it?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM
My son slept in half hour incriments for 9 months... I did everything I could, in my power to get him to STTN... Nothin worked... I was exhausted, no family within driving distance to help and DH works long hours... He helped when he could... But I was literally a zombie... My son was crying for a few moments... I sat slumped outside his door and cried with him because I felt like a failure... About 4 minutes later he fell fast asleep... Since then he's slept through the night aside from a 3:30
Am bottle... Which is great by me... I'm not happy that I had to do that but it worked...
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM
27 moms liked this
Because the real CIO method does not allow them to get to that screaming their lungs out point. Simple fussing or a few minutes of whining is what I let them work through on their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annettey19
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Crying makes me feel better. I would never leave an infant under 6/7 months to cry though, because it's different for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Actually, When I cry, I don't want anyone near me.  I need to be alone when I cry.  And after a heavy long deep cry, yes, I can fall asleep. I have gotten all of my emotions out, my mind is clear and I can sleep like a rock!  Some of the best sleep I have ever gotten is after I had a good 30 minute or longer cry in the shower by myself.  Sorry. 

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on May. 19, 2013 at 9:47 PM
15 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

robyann
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I'm with you, I don't like to let them cry themselves to sleep. But if other mom's do it that is their choice. I just couldn't do it with my own kids, and now I don't do it with my gkids, I am even worse with my gkids though, I'll hold them and rock them for hours if I get the chance :) 

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on May. 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I have the worst sleep ever after I cry. I get this huge headache and I feel like crap

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually, When I cry, I don't want anyone near me.  I need to be alone when I cry.  And after a heavy long deep cry, yes, I can fall asleep. I have gotten all of my emotions out, my mind is clear and I can sleep like a rock!  Some of the best sleep I have ever gotten is after I had a good 30 minute or longer cry in the shower by myself.  Sorry. 

Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I agree

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)