Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child free by choice people?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 124 Replies

What do you think of them?

My hubby is an only child and I have one brother. He's married to a woman that we like, and that's good with our kids, but they have decided they never want to have kids of their own. We asked why and they said they like their lives as they are and have never wanted kids. I had no idea my brother felt that way.

Is it just me that finds this kind of selfish? I can't put my finger on why, but it just nags at me that it seems selfish of them. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 19, 2013 at 9:46 PM
2 moms liked this

It is selfish that they made a decision they feel is right for them? Yeah, that makes sense.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:47 PM
4 moms liked this

I completely respect the decision not to have children. I don't see how it's selfish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I wanted to be like that. I still kind of do. I got pregnant and decided to keep it. When I was younger I always dreamt of becoming a business woman not a mother. If I could go back I would not have kids. Why have kids if you don't want or aren't willing to give up your needs and wants? It's great that they are both agreeing this is what's best for their relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylovekeith
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM

To be honest, I was going to live a child free life, but got pregnant un-expectedly. I went on to have more children by choice.
I think it's a matter of personal choice... and sometimes ppl change their mind :) 

Mamabear010
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM
4 moms liked this

IDGAF. But I will say this. WHY would you want people who don't want kids, to have kids? You really want a kid to grow up in a place where they may be* resented and/or never wanted? What?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never understood why not wanting to have kids is selfish. I just don't get it.
VannaMae307
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Not every woman in the world has the dream to add to the overpopulation of the Earth.

Seriously though,I  don't find it selfish at all. They want to live their lives how they see fit, what's so bad about that?

Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on May. 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM
My brother and sister in law do not want children. They are both great with kids but they don't want any of their own. They enjoy traveling and not having any other responsibilities. I don't think it's selfish. I think having kids you don't really want because that's what society expects of you is way more selfish.
QuirkyMom26
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM

What a stupid thing to think. It's none of your business if someone chooses not to have kids. You should keep your nose where it belongs. People like YOU " nag at me ". Smdh.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We have friends that are childless by choice. They are great people. They are very involved with their extended families. They dote on and spoil the neices and nephews.

I dont find it selfish or anything like that. Why is the choice to not have kids better or worse then to choose to have them ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)