Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I ask for a refund? Name spelled wrong on b day.

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay so 3 months ago we pre ordered our dd b day cake. I asked them to say Happy 4th Birthday Heidi. I even spelled her name for them. So on Friday I went to pick up her cake and it wasn't ready because they wrote down the wrong date. Okay whatever people make mistakes so I waited 20 minutes for them to decorate the cake. Well when I went to pick up the cake 20 minutes later they already had it in a huge box because it is a tower cake. And I didn't dare open up the box because I was afraid that I would make it fall over.

Well today on her b day when we carefully took the cake out of box and I was mortified at what I found. The music notes that were supposed to be on the cake was totally wavy and crooked and didn't look right. But what really upset me was that they spelled her name WRONG! She spelled it Heide. What the hell when does anyone spell her name that way. Never that's when. What makes me even more upset was that Heidi is a normal name spelled the normal way. Should I ask for a refund?

by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I would. They screwed up.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Both things combined? Yes, I would. You deserve a refund. At least a partial if not full.

angie729

Yes I would. I got a refund on a cake I ordered for my son one year because it was supposed to be chocolate cake and it was white cake.

lucky2Beeme

I would not ask for a refund I would go in ask for the owner or manger and express my dissatisfaction. Be kind but let them know how upsetting the whole experience was.

colins_mom
yup. but you will get told that you should have checked it before you left
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 19, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I would. They screwed up.

BREN_da
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
May not get a refund if you've ate the cake, but if you're noisy enough you could get a significant discount.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom4awesomekids
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Yes they screwed up!!

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I'd do this, explain what happened and how disappointed you were and let them tell you how they will fix it. If they ask you what you would like to be done then tell them you'd like a refund.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I would not ask for a refund I would go in ask for the owner or manger and express my dissatisfaction. Be kind but let them know how upsetting the whole experience was.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimmiky
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Yup. I used to sell cakes, we ALWAYS showed the cake to the client before they bought it and left with it. Mostly because any one of us could easily have fixed a misspelled name in like two seconds
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)