Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can I eat in peace. Am I the only one?

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 12 Replies

Who else doesn't get to eat alone? DD (16 mths) will never let me eat in peace. I give her the same food, but on her plate. It's never good enough. She wants my food. She wants to drink out of my cup too. Most times it's water, but she doesn't care. She will rather drink water from my cup than milk from her cup. I let her have it b/c her food ends up floating  in my cup, lol. Oh how I look forward to eating alone.

by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robyann
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I know what your saying, but it won't be long before she'll want less and less to do with you, and you'll look back at those "floaties" in your drink as fond memories. Cherish these "annoying" times, they will be great memories that will touch your heart. :)

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I never allowed that so it wasn't a problem, the answer is no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM

That happens? I can't wait! I have 2 gremlins who eat off of my plate...I'm surprised I haven't starved to death yet. lol

TugBoatMama
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM

All my kids did that at that age. My dd is 2 and she's doing it. I'll take my food off my plate and put it on hers, but noooooo it MUST be from my plate to her mouth if she's to eat it. My mom was so kind as to teach my middle child that its okay to just walk up and take sips of her drink, so now he's 6 and still tries to do this, and now she gets onto him for the very same thing SHE taught him to do, lol. He knows not to try it around me or his dad but he always tries it around my parents.

mystictigeress
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Ahhh, I remember those days! My oldest DD did that, but I learned my lesson and my youngest DD and DS never had a chance lol

FreelanceMommy
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I usually get to eat my own food... after its cold. I have to spend every meal fussing at my kids to eat to the point that I don't get to eat much at all till its cold as hell :/ My step son wont eat any real, home cooked food, period. We still try to get him to but all he eats with his mom is fast food and he just refuses to eat. If we try to force him to take a bite he will make himself gag till he pukes because he knows if he pukes at the table his dad will send him to bed and I refuse to go out and get him junk food. Every weekend I dread lunch and dinner time. I usually end up breaking down and giving him cereal just so he doesn't go hungry all day because he will refuse anything I try to give him except cereal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I don't allow my 3 year old to do that.... Never have. He has tried before but I remind him he has his own plate with the same thing. My sister let's her daughter drink after her all the time and when she's over she expects everyone to share with her. Its annoying.
meka26
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 4:27 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM
My 17 month old does that, and it drives me crazy but usually saves me from a huge mess to clean up. I generally won't let her drink out of my cup unless we're out to eat, then she gets a sip before we leave.
charligirl33
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM

My youngest is 9, my oldest is almost 21. I haven't used the bathroom without someone in there or banging on the door for almost 21 years. I have also not had a full meal all to myself in that time lol. I don't think that ever ends. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN