Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you have a cap on when you are willing to get pregnant/have kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

Like, a certain time frame? I know some people wait until late thirties/early forties...on purpose. I know some want it done with by a certain age. What was your cap, if you had one at all?

I've always said, for as long as I can remember, I do NOT want to be in my thirties. If I am 30 and haven't had another child by that point, that's okie dokie with me. I don't want to. In fact. I wouldn't even want to go past 25. I am sure I would be pretty unwilling, unless it just happened, I would accept, but I plan on getting something permanent done by the for sure! 

I've just always known I never wanted to have my babies past that. I am 23 and have one child. I could be content with one, or I would gladly accept another. 3 is out of the question entirely. I've been sure of it all for many, many years, this has always been my thinking. I hate when people act like it will change. It won't! I've felt this way since the though of kids even crossed my mind as a future for me, when I was 16 and fell in love with my now DH, and we were dreaming of the future. Lol 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Bump

Love060708kids
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I didn't have one.

I had our fourth and last child at 25; had our first at 20.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Nope

Godgaveme4
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM
No. I waited for God's timing. And as usual, it was perfect.
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I'm 34, have 4 kids, youngest is 11 months.. oldest is 11 years.   I would have 1-2 more if I felt DH and I were financially able and if I didn't have the health issues that I have.  (Diabetic)...   I think I've pushed my luck having four beautiful babies being diabetic myself, but the Lord above could decide otherwise.

OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I thought the same way that you did for a long time. We had to wait to have children because we hit a huge financial snag in our mid 20s and it took awhile to get out of it. We just didn't feel comfortable until we got that squared away. 

Well, I made it to my 30s and realized that I could still have a child if I wanted one. I honestly don't feel any difference in my body now, than I did when I was in my 20s. Or at least not enough of a difference where I thought it would be hard to be pregnant.

I don't have trouble keeping up with my child, and I didn't have any complications because of my age. I learned that a lot of what I thought would happen when I was in my 30s with a baby didn't happen. It is a negative mind set that doesn't hold a lot of truth. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM

When we got married, we just let it go like that too. We've gotten 1 out of the deal. I plan on just doing this until I am about 25, then DH is getting a vasectomy. We've never tried or not tried, as long as we've been married. :)

Quoting Godgaveme4:

No. I waited for God's timing. And as usual, it was perfect.

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Yes, we are done. We have one boy, one girl. I'm 27, very focused on earning my degree.. Another child would really throw a wrench in all of my plans. I will get my tubes tied after my DS weans from nursing.
Mrs.Andrews
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I've never had a cap age. I always figured I would be done having kids before 30. As I get closer to my 30's though, I honestly couldn't tell you when we will be done. I am 27 right now and we have 2 kids. I want at least one more. I always thought I wanted 4 total. I can't see myself having anymore after like 33 I guess.

amberlyp
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I am wishy washy on a third, but I know that I absolutely positively do not want more than three and I'm honestly perfectly content with the one I have and the one I'm currently cooking. Hubby wants another but if that's happens, it'll be way in the future and I'd prefer to adopt. I don't have any age that I'm set against, just a magic number of children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)