Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is illegal!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

I understand that mothers need to mind their own when it comes to parenting if the child isn't in danger, but this picture was posted on FB and both these babies are 7 months old and one is in a rear facing infant carseat but yet both are turned forward facing. A law just passed here where I live where you can be fined if you turn a carseat over before the age of TWO!

I understand one child looks bigger than the other, but their mothers are best friends and they were born in the same month and they aren't in the height or weight requirement to be in a forward facing carseat.

Should I say something or should I just mind my own?
It's just insane to see a rear facing carseat facing forward. I mean why?!

I blocked out the faces for privacy.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SJG1013
by SJG on May. 20, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Mama_Brit
by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:02 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm my DD was about 7months old when I put her front facing. She's always been tall and a bit heavy for her age at 1yrs old she looked 2 now at 4 she looks 6.

Edit- in my state it doesn't matter age it matters size. In a rear facing she could have been hurt if we were ever in an accident. I was stopped at a carseat check and they asked her height and weight and said she was fine and they THANKED me for being smart enough to change her carseat. If children are too big for rearfacing carseats they can get seriously hurt.

SMILE LIKE YOU MEAN IT!

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I am so confused how she got the infant seat to stay that way!

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 2:03 AM

say something if you want, but chances are they already know its wrong and will continue to do it.

my daughter has that same front facing seat, but as a booster. shes 7.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Whos got the popcorn?
JP-StrongForTwo
by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Infant seats do not require a base, that is why there is a spot for the belt to go. 

The scarier thing is that it is FF!!

And i swear these look like my step kids john and katie...

Quoting SJG1013:

There is no base to the smaller carseat! Some moms should not have children!

QuirkyMom26

I might bring it up in a nice way only because if you are rude about it she may just ignore the good advice to spite you, instead of actually thinking logically about it.

elitish
2 moms liked this
Wow. Her children will die in an accident, almost guaranteed. Have you let her know this?
mamide02ninas
by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell that stupid bitch how to transport her baby safely!!!!
elitish
by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this
That's great, but her size has no bearing on her spinal maturity and ability to snap back in a crash. She would have been internally decapitated because her spine wouldn't have been able to support the weight of her head. This is more likely in bigger babies, whose moms think its fine to forward face because of their size.

Quoting Mama_Brit:

I'm my DD was about 7months old when I put her front facing. She's always been tall and a bit heavy for her age at 1yrs old she looked 2 now at 4 she looks 6.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)