Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Toddlers with glasses

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:37 AM
  • 25 Replies

My DD is 15 months old and is very farsighted in her left eye which makes her left eye go crossed when trying to focus, and her eye doctor prescribed her glasses. They'll be coming in next week, and I really hope this fixes her problem. we caught it early on and the eye just started crossing recently. The doctor said this was the easist type of lazy eye to correct. So do any of your kids have this? Did the glasses stop the "bad" eye from crossing?? He said the next step would be patching if the glasses do not work. 

by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cxoxo
by Savannahsmommy on May. 20, 2013 at 2:41 AM

BUMP!

cxoxo
by Savannahsmommy on May. 20, 2013 at 2:49 AM

BUMP!

AuntieM
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 2:57 AM
My granddaughter has worn glasses since she was 1. Her eye would point straight into her nose. She was born that way so hers is more prominent than your daughter's. The reason I say that is because the glasses didn't help Ehma and she had to have surgery to correct it. But if your daughter's is caused by her vision and it just started to cross, chances are very good the glasses will correct it. They did for my nephew and his son. Instead of the eye patch, Ehma's doctor had us put tape on the right lens of her glasses so the lazy eye had to work harder to straighten. In her case that didn't work either, hence the surgery.
mamalynnsmith
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 3:03 AM

My son has had glasses sence he was 2 . He also had one eye that wanted to cross . He is 12  now the glasses helped him

paganmommy4
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:05 AM

I read that kids were made to play a video game to correct the lazy eye, like tetris ( for older kids though)

cxoxo
by Savannahsmommy on May. 20, 2013 at 3:12 AM

thats good to hear, im terrified my  dd might need surgery if those both dont work

Quoting mamalynnsmith:

My son has had glasses sence he was 2 . He also had one eye that wanted to cross . He is 12  now the glasses helped him

cxoxo
by Savannahsmommy on May. 20, 2013 at 3:13 AM

thats interesting, ive never heard that before

Quoting paganmommy4:

I read that kids were made to play a video game to correct the lazy eye, like tetris ( for older kids though)

britadams10
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:15 AM

My friends dd had the same problem and glasses helped a lot!!

and i personally think toddlers wearing glasses is like the most adorable thing ever lol.

cxoxo
by Savannahsmommy on May. 20, 2013 at 3:15 AM
awe, i really hope the glasses work. how bad was the recovery for the surgery? oh and I love the spelling of her name =)
Quoting AuntieM:

My granddaughter has worn glasses since she was 1. Her eye would point straight into her nose. She was born that way so hers is more prominent than your daughter's. The reason I say that is because the glasses didn't help Ehma and she had to have surgery to correct it. But if your daughter's is caused by her vision and it just started to cross, chances are very good the glasses will correct it. They did for my nephew and his son. Instead of the eye patch, Ehma's doctor had us put tape on the right lens of her glasses so the lazy eye had to work harder to straighten. In her case that didn't work either, hence the surgery.

paganmommy4
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Video Games Used in New Treatment That May Fix 'Lazy Eye' in Older Children

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/10/111023135651.htm

Quoting cxoxo:

thats interesting, ive never heard that before

Quoting paganmommy4:

Pagan, Pro-choice, Pro-vaxing, Pitbull Advocate
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN