Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well...I'm in the hospital. *sigh* Update pg 4!!!

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:16 AM
  • 32 Replies
I had my surgery for my endometriosis om Thursday. She was unable to remove my uterus from my colon. It is fused to my colon by the endo. I went home that night in a ton of pain. Over the last few days the pain has slowly gotten worse and not better.

I haven't been able to poop since thursday morning before my surgery. I have taken a stool softener every night. I have also taken miralax 3 times, ate Activia yogurt, drank tons of water, have been walking around, and even tried an enema. Yeah none of it worked.

Well I developed a 101.8 fever today. The on call doc said to go to the ER right away. My white blood count is elevated. The CT scan revealed my uterus is swollen. But said that's normal after surgery. There was also some air and fluid in my abdomen. Which they said was hard to say if its from just having surgery or if it could be a perforated bowel. I have also had terrible abdomenal pain. To the point I was shaking and had the dry heaves. They have no clue what is causing the pain.

So the ER doc has admitted me. I'm getting IV antibiotics because I obviously have an infection somewhere. They want to monitor me and I'm about to drink more miralax.

I'm pretty scared I could have a bowel obstruction. I just have no clue why I'm not able to poop. I've eaten actual food and meals since surgery...so there should be some poop that needs to come out. Lol

Sorry for all the tmi...I'm just super nervous there could be something really wrong.
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 3:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I hope everything is ok!
Eta: obviously something is wrong, I mean I hope they find what's wrong and get you fixed up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 20, 2013 at 3:22 AM

Did the doc tear or cut your bowel (colon) when trying to remove your uterus from it? 

paganmommy4
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Wow, so sorry that you're dealing with that right now

kyona_malone
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 3:26 AM
I hope you feel better soon! Sending positive thoughts your way :)
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 3:30 AM

*hugs*

Positive thoughts and energy coming your way.

Kimberlynn
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 3:32 AM
BIG (((HUGS)))!!! I'm so sorry you are going through this! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! I hope you feel better really soon.
momma0ffive
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:34 AM

my mom just went through this same exact thing... her was a perforated bowel and now she has a temporary ostomy.... praying for you

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 3:37 AM
I have stage 1 endo and cannot even begin to imagine the kind of pain you are in. :( I'm so sorry. I hope you are able to get some relief soon.
heavenly1462
by Jessica on May. 20, 2013 at 3:39 AM
I'm not sure but that's what I'm afraid of!

Quoting Anonymous:

Did the doc tear or cut your bowel (colon) when trying to remove your uterus from it? 

heavenly1462
by Jessica on May. 20, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Thanks! I'm so scared that's what I have going on!

Quoting momma0ffive:

my mom just went through this same exact thing... her was a perforated bowel and now she has a temporary ostomy.... praying for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN