Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why does he do this?! :(

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:46 AM
  • 22 Replies
When SO was deployed our son would wake up in the middle of the night, be WIDE awake, make sure -I- was wide awake, and cry and beg for food. This nearly cost me my job for a few reasons. I was so sleep deprived I slept through my alarm and was super late for work a few times. Or DS would get sent home from daycare because of "failure to participate" because he would be falling asleep.

Anyway, SO came home in April and all went back to normal. He had to leave this weekend for a few days to go to Europe. Its the firdt time he's been gone since the deployment and what does DS do? Same stuff as when SO was deoloyed. Guuuuuuuh. And he is 6, btw. He knows better.

Not looking forward to tomorrow. :(
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kagegirl
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:48 AM
1 mom liked this
That is a punishable offense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 20, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Tell him to go back to bed
QuirkyMom26
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Is your room far away from his? 

PoplarGrove
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 4:53 AM

He's doing it because he misses his Dad and doesn't know how to tell you (ah, isn't that sweet?<--insert sarcastic tone).  Seriously, that is why he's doing it but it's unacceptable, especially from a 6 year old.  

Have you tried letting him sleep in your bed when your SO is away?  As long as he knows that when Daddy gets back he goes back to his own bed.  He may still wake up but he'll probably just see you and go back  to bed instead of waking up walking to your room. I do it when my kids go thorough one of their wake up all the time phases and it gets me the sleep I need.  Maybe try it tonight and see how it goes?  It couldn't get worse.  

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:53 AM
That is genius! Gosh idk why I didn't think of that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell him to go back to bed
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM

wtf kind of daycare do you send him to?

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

When SO was deployed our son would wake up in the middle of the night, be WIDE awake, make sure -I- was wide awake, and cry and beg for food. This nearly cost me my job for a few reasons. I was so sleep deprived I slept through my alarm and was super late for work a few times. Or DS would get sent home from daycare because of "failure to participate" because he would be falling asleep.

Anyway, SO came home in April and all went back to normal. He had to leave this weekend for a few days to go to Europe. Its the firdt time he's been gone since the deployment and what does DS do? Same stuff as when SO was deoloyed. Guuuuuuuh. And he is 6, btw. He knows better.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Yeah. Then he tries to talk and keep me up, or sneak on the tv when I fall asleep. He'll do whatever it takes to stay up. He finallt fell aaleep around 0430. And its 0654 right now. Ill have to wake him up right after I get ny shower in a few. :/

Quoting PoplarGrove:

He's doing it because he misses his Dad and doesn't know how to tell you (ah, isn't that sweet?<--insert sarcastic tone).  Seriously, that is why he's doing it but it's unacceptable, especially from a 6 year old.  

Have you tried letting him sleep in your bed when your SO is away?  As long as he knows that when Daddy gets back he goes back to his own bed.  He may still wake up but he'll probably just see you and go back  to bed instead of waking up walking to your room. I do it when my kids go thorough one of their wake up all the time phases and it gets me the sleep I need.  Maybe try it tonight and see how it goes?  It couldn't get worse.  

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM
The daycare on base. If a child is sleeping or just lays around refusing to do anything for over an hour they send them home. Not something I agree with 100%

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

they do this knowing they're caring for children who are dealing with deployments and separation anxiety?

I'm sorry, but I'd be finding another option.  that's not only ridiculous, it's absolutely inappropriate.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

The daycare on base. If a child is sleeping or just lays around refusing to do anything for over an hour they send them home. Not something I agree with 100%

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

LovelyMommy24
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I'm sorry, I've never dealt with that but it sounds really tough. It sounds like it's his way of coping. I would sit down and talk with him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)