Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Another post here made me realize something....*my confession*

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:31 AM
  • 22 Replies

I have a fairly deep hatred for Christians and Chritianity as a whole. 

Every Christian I have ever personally known, exept for one, has been a despicable human being, including my own mother.

I have always been bisexual, and have always had pagan beliefs. I have faced a large amount of verbal, and physical abuse because of it. I have been screamed at, spit at, had stones thrown at me, slapped, sprayed with holy water, I even had one person threaten to burn me.

When my mom discovered I didn't want to be Catholic, she screamed at me for over an hour until I finally snapped back at her. She slapped me across the face for being "disrespectful", and forbade me from seeing or talking to any of my friends for over three months.

The only Christian I've ever personally met who isn't a horrible person is BF's dad, who is a chaplain for the American Legion Riders.

by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 20, 2013 at 4:33 AM
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!
Riemommy
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:33 AM
1 mom liked this

That doesn't sound like any of the Christians I know.

chickieboom
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:34 AM
I'm a Christian married to a practicing Pagan. We don't all suck. I promise :-) There are horrible narrow minded people of all faiths (or lack thereof). I know where you're coming from though. I don't believe in organized religion as a whole because of the crappy Christians I've known.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 20, 2013 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this
You can't blame the whole because of a few. And yes, you probably met a lot of them, but there are millions more that are out there who aren't all the same.
Firebolt
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:37 AM

I was raised in a Catholic household. My parents are great people and I know many Christians that are great people. DH and I are atheist. We have never had a problem with our families except for the occasional "I worry about you." I also know the Christians that you are talking about the ones that have decided that they personally know god's will and that they have the power to dictate it to others.

Some Christians are complete assholes, but stereotyping large groups of people is always a disservice.

ginene
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Sorry you've been through all that. Christians are supposed to love everyone and not judge but it happens. Sin is sin and everyone sins. No one has the right to judge.

Hope one day you can forgive them. I have my faults and if I'm wrong I try to own up to it and ask for forgiveness. No one is perfect and shouldn't try and act like it. Sorry you feel that way.
LHummel
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:38 AM

I am very sorry that you have seen only the bad side of a religion. I hope that you do someday get to meet christians who actually act as they should. I completely understand why you feel the way you do. 

Caryss_mommy
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:39 AM

Christianity is full of hatred, prejudice and blind, ignorant bliss.

If the wind will not serve, take to the oars.

SCARS remind us of where we've BEEN but they don't have to dictate where we're GOING.

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:40 AM

I don't mean to stereotype them all, but because of what I've dealt with, I find myself instantly repulsed by someone the moment I discover they're Christian. 

Quoting Firebolt:

I was raised in a Catholic household. My parents are great people and I know many Christians that are great people. DH and I are atheist. We have never had a problem with our families except for the occasional "I worry about you." I also know the Christians that you are talking about the ones that have decided that they personally know god's will and that they have the power to dictate it to others.

Some Christians are complete assholes, but stereotyping large groups of people is always a disservice.

XnikoX
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 4:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Not all christians are like that. Tho I know the feeling. I'm pagan as well. Tho I have never been disrespected quite like you were by anyone. People in general can be awful. Especially when they don't understand something. People tend to fear the unknown.

I do have friends who are christian tho. One friend in particular I can even talk religion with her and it doesn't turn into a nasty arguement. She's very christian even tho most would assume otherwise from her home. You walk in and she's got all kinds of gargoyle statues and what not around the house. Very gothic. Hell, her christmas tree... she hangs skeletons and bats on her tree. Her favorite holiday is halloween.

There are good christians out there who will respect a persons religious beliefs, even if they differ from their own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN