Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a horrible wife!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Dh and I have talked about having one more child. We each have one from previous relationships.

Well, the closer to time to get started planning (getting my mirana out, etc) I'm starting to get nervous. Not of anything specific, but whether its a good idea.
I'm kind of over the diaper and bottle phase. Both kids are preschool now. It's so much easier to get them ready now!! :) plus, the first time I did it ALONE. Dd's dad was never in the picture after conception. So I'm honestly wondering if the fear mostly comes from past experience??

Help!!! I don't want to ruin our plans and what we both wanted over fear.... =/
Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 4:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 20, 2013 at 4:47 AM
If you are worrying its best to wait
QuirkyMom26
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:48 AM

That's EXACTLY how I feel. SO would like a child of his own (the twins aren't his) and since my first experience wasn't great by any means it really has put a damper on wanting to have another. Not being financially stable for a 3rd child doesn't help either. 

LHummel
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Talk to your husband. Fear is normal when talking about children. Babies are hard to deal with. He might be scared too. You should both be ready.

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Talk it out. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Have you talked to him about it at all and how bad it was the first time around?? What r u all thinking about Doing then?

We're lucky that financially it's not a problem. But its not like buying a new pair of shoes or something... Another child is something I don't want to rush =/

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

That's EXACTLY how I feel. SO would like a child of his own (the twins aren't his) and since my first experience wasn't great by any means it really has put a damper on wanting to have another. Not being financially stable for a 3rd child doesn't help either. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 5:18 AM
And he has the advantage right now. He was married when his son was born. She turned into a cheating whore, but she was a good mom when the child was a baby.

My ex has never even seen dd. I'm ok with it, but it was rough being pregnant alone... I had my parents, but it's different without a partner to share the joy with

Quoting LHummel:

Talk to your husband. Fear is normal when talking about children. Babies are hard to deal with. He might be scared too. You should both be ready.

QuirkyMom26
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:19 AM

He understands, but he still wants his own. I feel bad because I feel like *I'm* done but I'm the one that is being depended on to carry his child. Kwim? So I feel pressured and selfish. I have made my cut off age to 32 so if I don't get pregnant by then, I'm done. That's as much as we've agreed on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you talked to him about it at all and how bad it was the first time around?? What r u all thinking about Doing then?

We're lucky that financially it's not a problem. But its not like buying a new pair of shoes or something... Another child is something I don't want to rush =/

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 5:20 AM
I just don't want to bring it up and hurt his feelings or something. :( he's so excited about the idea, and I'm almost afraid my fear will put a damper on his excitement, too...

Quoting wickedfiress:

Talk it out. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 5:21 AM
I get what you're saying. I wish there was an easy answer =/

Is he good with the twins??

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

He understands, but he still wants his own. I feel bad because I feel like *I'm* done but I'm the one that is being depended on to carry his child. Kwim? So I feel pressured and selfish. I have made my cut off age to 32 so if I don't get pregnant by then, I'm done. That's as much as we've agreed on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

QuirkyMom26
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:22 AM

Yes of course!

Quoting Anonymous:

I get what you're saying. I wish there was an easy answer =/

Is he good with the twins??

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)