Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This Doctor Who nonsense...

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:44 AM
  • 233 Replies

It's not my thing. My thing is more like Criminal Minds and that new, totally messed up, twisted, sick Hannibal one. I like my serial killers. They make me happy. 

I've seen so many people on here all yelling, "OMG!! DOCTOR WHO! GREATEST THING EVERRRRRRRR!!!!!" I'm going to try it. I'm not ever sure what it's about, but my uncle who has an obsession has brought me to believe it's some science fiction thing (first red flag in my mind since I don't much like science fiction), but I'm clueless other than that. Someone care to enlighten me on what I'm about to get myself into?

Whatever today may be, tomorrow will be peace.

by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Diddles.
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 4:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm with you. I tried watching Dr. Who on Netflix and couldn't get passed the cheesy story line. What I want to know is, is there a different Dr. Who that everyone is obessed with? lol

Mama_Brit
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Same here but I don't watch tv much soooo idk who this or what this doctor who stuff is. Is it a series or a talk show???

SMILE LIKE YOU MEAN IT!

PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:47 AM

I know that there is an old one and a new one. I'm thinking they like the new one, so that's the one I'm going for. What one did you watch?

Quoting .Diddles.:

I'm with you. I tried watching Dr. Who on Netflix and couldn't get passed the cheesy story line. What I want to know is, is there a different Dr. Who that everyone is obessed with? lol

Thewife06
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 4:48 AM
6 moms liked this

"Doctor Who is NOT nonsense" bomb going off in 3.....2....BOOM. 

I love it, Start with the episode called "Rose", the season that began in 2005.  :)

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:48 AM
5 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 20, 2013 at 4:48 AM
I can't get into Dr Who. I'm not into sci fi, either.
PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:48 AM

It's a series. There was one way back in the day (I think 60s or 70s, but I don't know) and then one they started several years ago.

Quoting Mama_Brit:

Same here but I don't watch tv much soooo idk who this or what this doctor who stuff is. Is it a series or a talk show???

.Diddles.
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 4:49 AM

I see the "classic" Dr. Who and the one from BBC?

Quoting PeaceLoveAndTea:

I know that there is an old one and a new one. I'm thinking they like the new one, so that's the one I'm going for. What one did you watch?

Quoting .Diddles.:

PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:49 AM

Haha, I call everything nonsense until I know what it is, lol. That's the one I'm starting with. I'm apprehensive because it really sounds like it's not my thing. What is the basic gist of it?

Quoting Thewife06:

"Doctor Who is NOT nonsense" bomb going off in 3.....2....BOOM. 

I love it, Start with the episode called "Rose", the season that began in 2005.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 20, 2013 at 4:50 AM

My 17yo is obsessed. I have seen enough episodes to enjoy it, but I don't love it, or get all squee fan girl over it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN