Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When people want to give their new man "his own baby"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Or say they want to have one "together" when they both already have kids, I feel so sorry for the kids who are already around but somehow don't count.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lionpaw
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 5:20 AM
me too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuirkyMom26
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Lol what?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 5:23 AM
1 mom liked this
What an ignorant post lol. My kids are all loved the same but I still wanted my husband to experience having a biological child...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 5:24 AM
That's not always the case. Dh and I already have a "his and hers" for lack of better wording. The reason a third is being discussed has nothing to do with how much the other 2 are loved. It strictly stems from him always wanting a big family. He would have 15 kids if I was willing and we were millionaires
momofpreemieboy
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:28 AM

Uh excuse me!!! We have had children before we married and we had children together and guess what the children were thrilled with their new brother! Our children are loved equally by both of us!!! They all were happy with the love we showered on them.

QuirkyMom26
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:29 AM
1 mom liked this

What is your reasoning since the OP doesn't have balls to share hers?

Quoting Lionpaw:

me too!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 5:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not saying omg never have more kids with anyone else because they will automatically be favored.  But if you phrase it the way I hear many people phrase it, then yeah it sounds like you already have the mindset to see that kid as different.  And so yes I feel sorry for the other kids. 

It sounds very tacky to me to say you're giving him his own kid when you still have little ones he should be loving as his own.  Or that you need one "together"

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 5:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Uhhhhh I did.  What part of saying you need kids "together" when youre both already raising kids together doesn't make sense?

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

What is your reasoning since the OP doesn't have balls to share hers?

Quoting Lionpaw:

me too!

V.Dubbya
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 5:35 AM
So basically what you're saying is if two people have children from previous relationships, it's not ok or allowed to want or have more together? Where does it state the kids from before suddenly and automatically get shafted? I'm just not following this...
XnikoX
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 5:36 AM

What nonsense!

You know this may be true of some couples. But seriously this sounds kind of ignorant. Unless you've been in the position those "other people" have been in you don't know how it feels.

Me... My ex husband didnt want anymore kids. I did. I have two beautiful boys who I love and would never stop loving or love less because I had children with my current husband. My current husband loves his step sons. But we both want more kids. 1 maybe 2. Depending on how the future plays out.

Quit judging people you don't even know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)