Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

clogged milk ducts and need info on safe medication during pregnancy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
DS stoped nursing in feb. But little by little my breasts kept producing milk even if he nursed 5 mins. Now we are in may im 17 weeks pregnant. My breasts havent dried up. I have some clogged milk ducts cabbage leaves wont help, cold compress, massaging, no nursing nothing.

What can i do? Ds is 3 and do not bash me about his age. He stopped around 2 yrs. He turned 3 in april he nurses before bed and in the am. What medication is safe during pregnancy? Can i take a tylenol for it?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 6:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Really nobody lol
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 6:11 AM
I don't think there's any medication to cure clogged ducts and I'm pretty sure nothing to dry you up anymore. Join the breast feeding group, because they have the best info out there.
jasyoung2012
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Here's a bump...I had a really bad clogged duct, but I didn't take medication for it...I was also pregnant and just took care of it myself, sorry I can't help :(

momofpreemieboy
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:16 AM

Tylonal is safe! Have you tried a hot shower? It helped mine. My DS was almost 2 when he stopped nursing and I was 4 months pregnant with our other son when mine clogged.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 20, 2013 at 6:46 AM

You will keep producing milk as long as there is any amount of nursing or other stimulation.  And then there will still be some for a while after you are not nursing at all.  For a list of all kinds of meds that are safe during pregnancy go to kellymom.com.  They also have lots of good information on plugged ducts and on weaning.  Heat helped me the most when I had plugged ducts. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)