Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

Hypothetically speaking: Your 16yo daughter has been dating a sweet, innocent, charming boy for the past 3 months. He's the same age, but different school to her. One day you accidentally pick up her phone instead of your phone and you don't realize until you open the messages and find that she's been cheating on her boyfriend with a senior (who has a bad reputation) at her school. They've been kissing, making out, hanging out at after school activities, etc while she's been telling you she's barely even kissed the boyfriend who she only see's on weekends and occasional week nights. Do you make her tell her boyfriend? break up with the senior? WWYD?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuirkyMom26
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd talk to her about how hurting someone's feelings is wrong especially when in a relationship. Whip up as much stuff as you can think of and then let her decide what she wants to do. 

CBMMOM
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 6:37 AM

You didn't realize it wasn't your phone until you read her messages?

etsmom
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Let's be real here. You don't not know your phone from your dd's until youread her messages? You snooped in her phone. Aside from that, you talk to her about honesty and is her little fling with the senior worth hurting her bf and earning her the label of a cheater. She needs to pick.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Hypothetical situation - but I do have the exact same phone down to the ringtone as my DD. We seem to only like the exact same ringtone. That's why I put that in there. It is an error we've made a few times, but DD is older than 16 and has no boyfriend. so again - hypothetical situation. DD has fixed said situation by putting a passcode and a different screensaver on her phone. Still easy to mistake though lol

Quoting CBMMOM:

You didn't realize it wasn't your phone until you read her messages?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 6:55 AM

it's a hypothetical situation, but like I said to the last poster, DD and I do have the exact same phone down to the ringtone. It's annoying, but we both have the same taste. DD has fixed her side by putting a passcode and a different screensaver on her phone and I've got a different cover -but it's still the same phone and same color lol. easy mistake to make. I don't snoop on DD -she's older than 16 and has no boyfriend anyway. But yeah - I like your solution.

Quoting etsmom:

Let's be real here. You don't not know your phone from your dd's until youread her messages? You snooped in her phone. Aside from that, you talk to her about honesty and is her little fling with the senior worth hurting her bf and earning her the label of a cheater. She needs to pick.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 20, 2013 at 6:58 AM
I'd straight up tell her she needs to break it off with the older guy or she will be seeing neither of them!

I would also tell her only COWARDS cheat!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 20, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Have a serious talk with her about monogamy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 7:01 AM

would you discuss with her about her choices? or just a straight up "you must do this"?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd straight up tell her she needs to break it off with the older guy or she will be seeing neither of them!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 20, 2013 at 7:04 AM
There would be a discussion on how it is NOT ok to cheat under ANY circumstance. And then she would be made to end it with the older one or she would not be seeing either one! It would be her choice though, one or none, very simple if you ask me!

Quoting Anonymous:

would you discuss with her about her choices? or just a straight up "you must do this"?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 7:06 AM

so you would not be okay if she wanted to break up with the original boy and date the senior?

Quoting Anonymous:

There would be a discussion on how it is NOT ok to cheat under ANY circumstance. And then she would be made to end it with the older one or she would not be seeing either one! It would be her choice though, one or none, very simple if you ask me!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)