Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm irate pissed at my in laws

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I let my son stay the weekend. He leaves his motorcycle and go cart at their house because they have a track and more storage space. He also has safety gear there. Well last night he gets home and had a huge what looks like rug burn across his head and cheek. I ask him what happened and he was allowed to ride without a helmet and crashed!! His leg is pretty tore up too but that may have happened with the gear and i am not so upset about it. I am about to call MIL. Her phone was dead last night. My son who is 9 is grounded from riding for two weeks because he knew better. Thank god that's all that happened
Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 20, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I have a friend whose daughter was thrown from a golf cart and hit her head.  She had a traumatic brain injury and teh only thing that saved her life was that there was a nurse present who knew to call for the trauma helicopter and the hospital performed a craniotomy and got her lifelined to the best children's hospital in the midwest.  So, I think you have every right to be pissed off!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM
That's terrible. I've gotten mad at them for this before. They apologized and say they wouldn't do it. Which they haven't until now to my knowledge. I constantly remind them to make sure his gear is in properly when he rides. I'm probably going to have to take the keys out of the go cart and motorcycle too

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a friend whose daughter was thrown from a golf cart and hit her head.  She had a traumatic brain injury and teh only thing that saved her life was that there was a nurse present who knew to call for the trauma helicopter and the hospital performed a craniotomy and got her lifelined to the best children's hospital in the midwest.  So, I think you have every right to be pissed off!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM
If he's old enough to ride a motorcycle he's old enough to follow the rules.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM
It's really like a little dirt bike thing. I'm not sure the correct name for it. yes he does know the rules and he is in trouble. But when you're 9 and grandpa says its okay it's hard to not do it ya know? I talked to him about that though too

Quoting Anonymous:

danijean
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I would honestly get rid if them, how dangerous. What if he had hit a tree? People die from crashes everyday. Also I wouldn't be allowing him back at the grandparents they have bad judgement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I'm not getting rid of them. It would be really hard for him to hit anything on the track. There is nothing there but small dirt ramps and flat dirt.

I'm just going to probably have to bring the keys home

Quoting danijean:

I would honestly get rid if them, how dangerous. What if he had hit a tree? People die from crashes everyday. Also I wouldn't be allowing him back at the grandparents they have bad judgement.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM
My parents don't really enforce helmets and goggles on 4 wheelers at their house, our kids know if we catch them without them they won't be riding for a LONG time. They know our rules trump Grandmas.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's really like a little dirt bike thing. I'm not sure the correct name for it. yes he does know the rules and he is in trouble. But when you're 9 and grandpa says its okay it's hard to not do it ya know? I talked to him about that though too

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM
If he is old enough to ride a bike, he is old enough to follow the rules. No matter what anyone said my 5yo knows what he can or can not do. At 8 he should know he need to wear a hamlet without asking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Well he is in trouble. Not much more I can do about his role in the situation. He is not perfect

Quoting Anonymous:

My parents don't really enforce helmets and goggles on 4 wheelers at their house, our kids know if we catch them without them they won't be riding for a LONG time. They know our rules trump Grandmas.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 9:09 AM
No shit. I know he knows that's why he is in trouble. He's not the first kid to ever break a rule. He's grounded. He's still 9, he has poor judgment and is easily influenced by an adult. There are two adults that should have not encouraged him to ride without it (I think they couldn't find it).

Quoting Anonymous:

If he is old enough to ride a bike, he is old enough to follow the rules. No matter what anyone said my 5yo knows what he can or can not do. At 8 he should know he need to wear a hamlet without asking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN