Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's the dumbest reason you've ever went to the ER?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 161 Replies
My dumbest trip was a few weeks ago. I had a UTI and it didn't flair up until Friday afternoon, about an hour after my gyno closed. I couldn't go until Monday without treatment, so I went.

I expected the staff to be pissy, but they were all super nice :)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I cut into my palm while trying to separate a frozen hamburger pattie to eat, darn it. I got 8 stitches and I lost a tiny bit of feeling in the right palm of my hand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

i try to avoid the ER at all costs!! they are rude and think we owe them something when its their job, not the ER doctors nurses, but the women who sit behind the counter and take your information! i hate them!  when my daughter was about 7 months old she had a fever of 103.8 and was going in and out of consciousness. and had a red rash all over her body, took her to the er (it was Saturday) and usually when they check you in they take vitals. plus i know people think ER should be first come first serve but it should be whoever is in more need goes first especially a baby!!. they didn't take my daughters vitals not even her temp!! and told me to wait, i sat in a waiting room for 2 HOURS and finally i asked when my daughter was going to be seen and that nobody had even taken her vitals and the woman THE SAME ONE WHO CHECKED US IN was like "oh we didn't do that yet, that's probably why she hasn't been seen" at THIS point my daughter is literally waking up and then passing out over and over again and I'm in a panic! and a guy comes in says he fell snowboarding and thinks he broke his elbow. and she gets ready to take him RIGHT BACK INTO THE ER TO BE SEEN RIGHT THEN. as I'm sitting there crying thinking my daughter is about to die. when he sees me he says no no take the baby first i can wait! and the lady wasn't having it she goes "its first come first serve." ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME. i flipped out and demanded my daughter be seen right away or i was going to take legal action!! come to find out my daughter was having an allergic reaction to something her fever was so high by the time they finally saw her that they told me they were shocked she was even waking up anymore!!

URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on May. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM
My daughter thought she lost an earring in her ear. It was actually a rock.
Lillysmommy0113
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM
My niece got in the pool cleaner and got it in her eye. She was suppose to be inside with me but someone left the door open and she got out while i was getting her sippy cup. She was 17 months. They just had to wash her eye out and she was fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I admit it, I took my oldest to the ER when she split her lip on the coffee table. She was 16 months and all the blood freaked me out.
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Um. kidney stones

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 20, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Dumped boiling water for ramen in my lap and got 2nd degree burns on the inside of my thighs

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I went in for stabbing pains while I was pregnant. They chalked it up to me miscarryong and didn't bother do anything. Come to find out two months later I had the same pain and it was actually my gallbladder. Had they done their job I could have found out was really wrong with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:15 AM
How is that dumb?

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Um. kidney stones

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I was 18 and I had a severe allergic reaction to horse hair.  I broke out in a rash and was scratching till my legs were covered in blood and I could hardly breathe.  I was being a HUGE baby about the IV and the paramedic in the ER said to me "Honey, you better never have kids."  Kinda embarassing looking back on it now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN