Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your husband have a say in how you dress?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh and I have been together a really long time.  22 years. For the past 22 years I have rarely worn a bra. Its just me and thats how I'm comfortable.  Most of the time you can't tell because of the type of shirts i wear. I do put one one when i feel i have to. Anytime i have to "dress up"  if i'm going to school functions or i'm going to be around kids and its noticible.    This has been me since the day dh and i met.  Out of no where last night he decides its not good that i don't and he tells me that I have to.  which led to a discussion on if he has the right to tell me how to dress as my husband.  I told him i"m 38 years old and old enough to decide what i wear.  He is not my dad.  I don't have one and my mother is passed.  How i dress is my perogative. I don't tell him how to dress. The other day he left the house dressed for work and came home in a tank top. All kinds of muscles showing.  Maybe i don't want him flaunting his muscles.  He of course only sees his side of the argument.

by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Replies (151-151):
autodidact
by Snarknado on May. 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM

there is no valid side to the argument that a husband is entitled to tell his wife how to dress. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN