Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your husband have a say in how you dress?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh and I have been together a really long time.  22 years. For the past 22 years I have rarely worn a bra. Its just me and thats how I'm comfortable.  Most of the time you can't tell because of the type of shirts i wear. I do put one one when i feel i have to. Anytime i have to "dress up"  if i'm going to school functions or i'm going to be around kids and its noticible.    This has been me since the day dh and i met.  Out of no where last night he decides its not good that i don't and he tells me that I have to.  which led to a discussion on if he has the right to tell me how to dress as my husband.  I told him i"m 38 years old and old enough to decide what i wear.  He is not my dad.  I don't have one and my mother is passed.  How i dress is my perogative. I don't tell him how to dress. The other day he left the house dressed for work and came home in a tank top. All kinds of muscles showing.  Maybe i don't want him flaunting his muscles.  He of course only sees his side of the argument.

by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Replies (21-30):
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Same here lol.

I like these v neck loose fit tees I have, but holy boobs, batman.

Quoting mom2bahandcch:

My husband doesn't say anything. I wear what I am comfortable in. Although sometimes I do ask if you can see too much boob, I have 2 shirts that when I look down its all I can see, and I need a second opinion, lol.
im_not_trollin
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM

What my husband thinks is very important to me.... I am not going to knowingly do something that embarrasses or frustrates him just because "I feel like it"...

MeghMirab
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM

If my husband said I HAD TO do wear something for him I wouldn't just because of the way he presented it. But if he asked me if I would consider wearing an item (or not wearing it) for him, I would! I'd LOVE for him to get rid of his damn highschool football jersey.

OMG, I thought I hid it and he came struting in the bedroom the other day like he looked amazing. lol I asked him if he could stop wearing it and WHERE THE HECK HE FOUND IT AT?! Ha! I feel like if he's uncomfortable with me wearing something he should tell me though. 

Msgme
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Quoting Moms2be0109:

He has every right to have an opinion on how you should dress. Maybe people have been saying things to or around him and he is getting embarrased. As your spouse he can tell you what you should and should not wear. I am not saying this in a sexist all mighty man way. You have the same right to tell him. 

Unless its the mailman telling him something  i really dont think anyone has said anything to him.  I do wear one when i need to wear one.  I do agree he can have an opinion, everyone is entitled to an opinion. but the right to tell me how to dress  i disagree.  I"m a grown woman and can choose for myself.  Just as he's a grown man and choose for himself. 

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on May. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM

My husband has veto power.

PhoenixV
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Nope. My husband has no say. He can give his opinion, and I will take it into condsideration, but otherwise, if he doesn't like what I wear, too bad.

hudson.maggie
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:26 AM
If I dressed like my husband wanted me to I'd probably look like a hooker/business women.. So he only gets a little say so in what I wear lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Quoting fullxbusymom:

Sorry but imo all woman should wear bras.  It is just wrong not too unless you truly don't have breasts to speak of. 

lol. why are you so afraid of other woman's boobies?
Msgme
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Had he come to me with a babe maybe you could etc... or i'm uncomfortable  with etc...  I would of been much more receptive.  Had this been and issue any time in the past 22 years i may have reacted differently.  If I'm going to be going somewhere i dress appropriately.   If I'm gonna be around his friends or co workers i dress the way i think I should.  If I'm wearing a shirt that is revealing in anyway I will put one on.  By todays standards I'm not exactly large breasted but I'm not small either.

Quoting MeghMirab:

If my husband said I HAD TO do wear something for him I wouldn't just because of the way he presented it. But if he asked me if I would consider wearing an item (or not wearing it) for him, I would! I'd LOVE for him to get rid of his damn highschool football jersey.

OMG, I thought I hid it and he came struting in the bedroom the other day like he looked amazing. lol I asked him if he could stop wearing it and WHERE THE HECK HE FOUND IT AT?! Ha! I feel like if he's uncomfortable with me wearing something he should tell me though. 

shortyshorts25
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I always ask him what his thoughts are and visa versa but i wouldn't ever tell him he had to wear something or couldn't for that matter.. He wouldn't tell me what i could or couldn't wear either.. i think if he had a concern he should talk to you about it not TELL you .. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN