Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your husband have a say in how you dress?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh and I have been together a really long time.  22 years. For the past 22 years I have rarely worn a bra. Its just me and thats how I'm comfortable.  Most of the time you can't tell because of the type of shirts i wear. I do put one one when i feel i have to. Anytime i have to "dress up"  if i'm going to school functions or i'm going to be around kids and its noticible.    This has been me since the day dh and i met.  Out of no where last night he decides its not good that i don't and he tells me that I have to.  which led to a discussion on if he has the right to tell me how to dress as my husband.  I told him i"m 38 years old and old enough to decide what i wear.  He is not my dad.  I don't have one and my mother is passed.  How i dress is my perogative. I don't tell him how to dress. The other day he left the house dressed for work and came home in a tank top. All kinds of muscles showing.  Maybe i don't want him flaunting his muscles.  He of course only sees his side of the argument.

by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Replies (41-50):
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I generally shop without him and I'll ask what he thinks of it when I get home.  If he shops with me, I'll ask what he thinks.  It's more of asking his opinion, but, he doesn't tell me how to dress.  I generally dress the same, jeans (or shorts) and a decent looking top.  

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM

No, he has no say in how I dress.  I do ask his opinion on things and I don't dress slutty out of respect to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM
His opinion holds weight, and I take it into consideration if he has something to say about what I'm wearing. He has no fashion sense, but he can tell if something's too revealing or doesn't fit me well. Your dh needs to express his opinions more thoughtfully of course.

But wear a bra. Seriously.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM

If my husband doesn't like something I'm wearing, I change. His opinion matters more than anyone else. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I told hubby if he didn't like what I was wearing then HE had to go shopping for me.  For EVERYTHING, underware and bra included. That ended the discusion right there!!

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Never said I was afraid of them. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Sorry but imo all woman should wear bras.  It is just wrong not too unless you truly don't have breasts to speak of. 

lol. why are you so afraid of other woman's boobies?

ZanderandBella
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM

He definitely has a say in what I wear and the same for him. Although he really only tells me when something looks bad.

Josie_P
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Nope.

thecoffeefairy
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I wear what I please. I like to look nice though. I hate going braless. I have large nipples though. It just doesn't cut it.
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Well bra's really aren't good for us anyway they actually cause our breasts to sag more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN