Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who runs the finances in your home?

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 63 Replies
Major Purchases
Selecting the right loans (car, mortgage, etc.)
Investments
Retirement Accounts
Paying Bills
Making sure you have the right cell phone plan, cable, insurance, etc.
Deciding if a new expense is in the budget, etc.

He makes the major decisions, does the investing, saving, and planning and pays the major bills. I pay a couple smaller ones and spend or save the rest of my part time income. I'd like to have him pay everything and put me on an allowance. I know we could save more that way.
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Newmom8912
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
treaH
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I usually do it, but if its a big purchase or loan etc, we both look into it and decide together.
garnet83
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:07 PM

We both do. We agreed in the beginning to have it that way. If something happens to one of us, the other should know what's going on.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM
We both do
AHmom103
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM

My husband takes care of the budget for the most part. The big stuff, we decide on together, then he takes care of it. As far as making sure we have the right phone plans, tv, insurance, and other recurring bills, I take care of pricing everything out, making a list, and then my husband and I decide together. For regular household expenses, such as groceries, cleaning supplies, stuff for the kids, etc, I decide what we need, what it will cost, and my husband tells me if we can afford it right away or if I need to wait.

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM

That would be mostly me. I just like to do it and I know what's going on. We decide things together but usually after I've done some research. If it's to cut something (like when we cut satellite) we discussed it together before doing it.

zoo003
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I do.  For something large, like a loan, I will narrow it down and go over it with my dh (although he has always gone with what I have chosen).  However, for day to day things, I am the one who runs the finances.   

Josie_P
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:09 PM

It's 50/50.

Jessy76
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I do

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM
I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)