Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom put me in debt

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

First I just want to say I am not trying to talk bad about my mom. She is a great mom and did the best she could raising us 3 kids on her own. But i need to get some stuff off my chest before I take it out on her.

Growing up, it was just my mom taking care of me and my two brothers. She didnt graduate highschool (barely middleschool) and suffers from ADHD. I respect her, she is so much stronger than I could ever be. But, being so broke, she ran alot of her bills up and could never afford to pay them. So when she ruined her name, she took over mine.

I now have 3 kids. We are moving into a house next weekend. (we've been living in a apartment for years, where other than rent we only had to pay electric, which i had to put in my brothers name) But trying to set up the bills would be costing me a fortune!! i'm forced to pay off all the debt she ran up threw the years. But I can't afford to do that. So agian, the bills have to be put in other peoples names. Luckily my brother allows me to do this. I am rarely late on my bills and if i am its just because i forgot, not because i didnt have the money. But calling all the places and relizing how screwed my own name is, makes me so angry. It dosnt only affect me but also my kids. My credits so messed up, I'll never be able to buy my own home. i can't even get on a cell phone plan without paying a arm and a leg.

When I brought it up to her earlier, she didnt even understand what the big deal was. "i dont know what the big deal is, using your brothers name you don't even have to pay a deposit".... I bite my tounge, but the reason my brothers credit is so good is because of me!! He just moved out on his own last year. i've been using it for a few, So im glad i can help my brother out, but hes young, what the hell am i going to do if he messes it up?!? I want to be able to say proudly I have good credit, not explain to people I have shitty credit but my brother has good because of me!!! I want to be ME. I've worked to hard to have nothing to show for it!

Okay rant over.

Okay, NO People. I will not REPORT my own mother. Yes this sucks, but my mom did/does the best she can. She didn't do any of this to hurt me. She did it to provide for me and my brothers. She still has one at home (16) I am not angry at her for this. I am more angry at just the fact that she won't admit its not fair to me.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xmansmom08
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Call the companies u owe $ to that ur mom used and explain it was ur mother n they will have u FAX in info and clear it for you..been.in that situation goodluck
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Does she get in trouble though? And how do you prove it?

Quoting Xmansmom08:

Call the companies u owe $ to that ur mom used and explain it was ur mother n they will have u FAX in info and clear it for you..been.in that situation goodluck

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM

My husband said that as far as he knows, the only way you could clear this up is by pressing criminal charges against your mother.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Yes, she'll get in trouble for identity theft, which is why it goes grossly unreported. been there, done that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Xmansmom08:

briellesmomma
by Velvet on May. 20, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I would be pressing charges. I don't know why mothers do that and I think its disgusting and unethical. Why would you do that to your own child?

Ugh. If you refuse to get her in trouble, then you need to suck it up and pay for your credit yourself.

My credit sucks but I have slowly been dealing with it for the past 7 years. Your mother doesnt have to live your life you do.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 7:01 PM
If you were under the age of 18 when the accts happened.. its proof of fraud. You should at least report it to the 3 credit agencies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM
I know how you feel.

I was just looking at all the bills that have put me under because of my mom. She's so irresponsible with money. The biggest one is of a few thousand dollars for an online schooling program that she said she would pay for. It's under my name, of course.

Any and all bills she has to pay end up being late. This includes car payments rent, electric bill...
Matter of fact, she and my sister share a cell phone plan together. It has been temporarily suspended. It is temporarily suspended every month.

Xmansmom08
by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:11 PM
They don't do anything to her. All we had to send in was proof of where we were living and like copy of a statement saying we were not the person using this service. I'm our case it was electric bill that was being used in a duffrent city. We showed them that we lived in a totally different location and was stolen identity. Goodluck

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Xmansmom08:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM

It sucks!! And everyone else commented, about reporting her for identilty fraud. I'm sorry, I dont know about you but I can't do that to my own mother!! So i guess ill just have to live with it...

Quoting Anonymous:

I know how you feel.

I was just looking at all the bills that have put me under because of my mom. She's so irresponsible with money. The biggest one is of a few thousand dollars for an online schooling program that she said she would pay for. It's under my name, of course.

Any and all bills she has to pay end up being late. This includes car payments rent, electric bill...
Matter of fact, she and my sister share a cell phone plan together. It has been temporarily suspended. It is temporarily suspended every month.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I couldn't do that either!

Quoting Anonymous:

It sucks!! And everyone else commented, about reporting her for identilty fraud. I'm sorry, I dont know about you but I can't do that to my own mother!! So i guess ill just have to live with it...

Quoting Anonymous:

I know how you feel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured