Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ATTENTION SAHMS! I'm a working (outside the home) mother, ask me anything!

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM
  • 103 Replies

Hello! I've been on cafemom for a long time now and am very interested in the SAHMs v WMs debate. I think that perhaps it may come from a lack of understanding? 

If you have problems with WMs, go ahead and ask me some junk. For instance, do I use daycare? How much do I pay to let someone else raise my children? Was going back to work a hard decision? Why did I have kids? Do I like work more than being a mom? Do I consider myself a real mom? etc. Feel free to be as catty as you'd like, and I will answer honestly. Going anon is lame, so as long as you guys don't go psycho and burn down my house while I'm at work, I'll post under my name!

I have three kids and a full time out of the home job. GO!  

*deep breath!*

by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VannaMae307
by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM
5 moms liked this

Do you have one of those super cute lunch totes? I plan on getting one when I get a job. Or do you go out to lunch every day?

I really just want an excuse to make a "salad in a jar" I saw on Pinterest. 

jbirdsladie27
by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM
No questions I was a SAHM who became a WM, I'm now a SAH mom again. Been on both sides of the coin
Josie_P
by Josie on May. 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Well, I work full-time outside the home too so I don't really have any questions :)

jbirdsladie27
by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Why do you need an excuse?

Quoting VannaMae307:

Do you have one of those super cute lunch totes? I plan on getting one when I get a job. Or do you go out to lunch every day?

NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I definitely do not have a lunch tote. Plastic festival grocery bag, if I don't order out...which is far too often. Ugh, so expensive! 

Quoting VannaMae307:

NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I stayed at home briefly when I was abruptly laid off while pregnant with my second. 

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

No questions I was a SAHM who became a WM, I'm now a SAH mom again. Been on both sides of the coin

SC_MomofTeens
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM
In a working mom too. I've only been working steady since last august. Lucky for me my kids are quite a bit older than the majority of the babies here. 2 are in school and 2 have graduated. Dh's business is also based at home so he's there. I'm home weekends and this is a great arrangement for us! While the kids were growing, I stayed home with them. Now I've had this amazing job fall in my lap, he stays home.
NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM

What do you do, then, for childcare while you work? 

Quoting Josie_P:

Well, I work full-time outside the home too so I don't really have any questions :)

VannaMae307
by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM

BECAUSE I NEED AN AUDIENCE WHEN I EAT IT!!!

I reply to your question with the assumption that you caught the obvious sarcasm when you read that I needed an excuse.

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Why do you need an excuse?

Quoting VannaMae307:

nicki1018
by Special Sauce on May. 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I have never had an issue with working mom's. We are mom's period.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured