Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bash away foodstamp haters. I need to vent!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Just renewed our benefits. We got dropped from around 500 to 103!!!! OMG we are totally screwed! We already barely scraped by with the help! I don't want to hear any bs about you feed your family for 100 a month because I just can't do it. We didn't get a pay increase...or any new assets. We have no money in the bank. Why would they do this to us???!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Pretty sad that you " barely scraped by" on $125 week. Working families that don't qualify for assistance make due with much less.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM
3 moms liked this

Time to get a 2nd job...or 3rd.

eta apparently time to get a first job...wtf?

coreys_mommy
by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM
3 moms liked this

wow... love the food stamp bashers coming in here... like their lives are so damn perfect for not needing a little help... anyways, the only thing i could say is call and find out why, or go in. usually going in does better than calling since they never bother to call back most times(at least where i'm at they don't) we just did our reapplication so we'll be finding out on the 7th what we're getting...

mattiehatter
by Mary on May. 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe they are telling you to figure your shit out. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Did you remember to check 'yes' by everyone in the family when it asks "Are you applying for this person?" ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Wait you don't work?

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously you don't know everything because my husband still makes the exact same and our bills are the same if not higher. So explain that to me.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

You obviously had more income or less debt or they wouldn't have possibly dropped.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM

What is your plan on how to cover the rest of the money? You now need to bring in $400+ a month of income to help cover what the state is not giving you. How do you plan to do that?

AmyBarr10
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree, don't bash everyone has different lives and its not easy, don't judge u should call and find out .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 20, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Fair point, why is it that you feel you can stay at home and not work when your family can not provide for itself?

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait you don't work?

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously you don't know everything because my husband still makes the exact same and our bills are the same if not higher. So explain that to me.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

You obviously had more income or less debt or they wouldn't have possibly dropped.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

ugh why? It should be equal. My DH is hispanic and so is little DD and he would be pissed if something like that came home.

Quoting Anonymous:

I bet more illegal immigrants moved into your town... they take priority on FS, medical, etc.

I got a letter home from my daughter's school saying that if you are Hispanic or any % Hispanic to notify to school to ensure you're recieving your free lunches. Sorry white/black/purple children - you need to pay the bills!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)