Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What does an ear infection feel like??

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 1:27 AM
  • 14 Replies
Seriously I'm 32 and my ear fricken hurts! First it started out just hurting when I swallowed it was annoying. Now it feels full and hurts all the time. Not a constant pain but more like a full feeling with sharp pains every so often. Also my throat kind of hurts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wodntulk2kno1
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Constant pain, feeling like your ear is plugged. But since you are complaining of your throat hurting it can be a few things and your ear is just hurting because of that. Put a hot wash cloth in a plastic bag and put it against your ear. That helps with ear pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on May. 21, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Its like you describe. A fullness with a dull but painfull sensation. It can make your sinuses close up too from the swelling. Otitis Media. Antibiotics.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Seriously!? How the hell does a 32 year old woman come down with an ear infection! Ugh! Ah well I'll take some decongestants and ibprofen and see if it still hurts tomorrow. I don't have time for a doctors appointment until Thursday anyway.

Quoting TugBoatMama:

Its like you describe. A fullness with a dull but painfull sensation. It can make your sinuses close up too from the swelling. Otitis Media. Antibiotics.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

it's hurts like a mother fucker, occasionally your ear will pop and hurts even worse than a mother fucker. Go see a doc and get some antibiotics especially if your throat is hurting as well. It gets way worse, trust me, it can make it's way into your sinuses. I thought I could ride one out, ended up in the hospital.

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 1:52 AM

any person any age with a pair of ears can get an ear infection, I had my last one when I was 36

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Seriously!? How the hell does a 32 year old woman come down with an ear infection! Ugh! Ah well I'll take some decongestants and ibprofen and see if it still hurts tomorrow. I don't have time for a doctors appointment until Thursday anyway.

Quoting TugBoatMama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 21, 2013 at 1:52 AM
It just hurts.... It could be red, or swollen too. Do you have a fever?
TugBoatMama
by on May. 21, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I've had a few as an adult. I'm not sure, but its mostly from a build up of fluid in the ear. Usually mucus.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting TugBoatMama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 21, 2013 at 1:55 AM

That sounds like the beginnings of an ear ache!! I've had a TON of ear aches!! When I was a kid, we lived in southern california and had a pool in our backyard! I got ear infections from constantly swimming. (Also called swimmer's ear). Sometimes I would get an ear ache from wind blowing into my ear and irritating my ear drum. On windy days, my mom would put cotton in my ears and have me wear a thick knitted hat when I wanted to go outside to play.

I hope your ear feels better soon!!

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Well my allergies have been reaking havoc on my sinuses lately... I guess it could be from that or a sinus infection even ugh! I really have antibiotics that always make me so sick.

Quoting TugBoatMama:

I've had a few as an adult. I'm not sure, but its mostly from a build up of fluid in the ear. Usually mucus.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting TugBoatMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:01 AM

I always get Zithromax prescribed for me when it happens.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Well my allergies have been reaking havoc on my sinuses lately... I guess it could be from that or a sinus infection even ugh! I really have antibiotics that always make me so sick.

Quoting TugBoatMama:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting TugBoatMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)