Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My life plans are ruined!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I always wanted 2 kids. Before dh and I got married, he wanted 2 kids. After we had our first, he STILL wanted 2 kids. When dd was around 7 months, he decided he only wants one kid :(. She is now 2 1/2 years old and he still only wants one. He gets irritated anytime I try to talk to him about it. He is also very stubborn. He also makes comments about how hes getting snipped within a few years. I want to be pregnant again so badly...I'm sad.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Having a kid is a big commitment and you never know what it will be like until after you've had a kiddo. I was the way, I wanted 2 kids. But now that my son is 1, I don't want anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM
In a few years, he could change his mind?
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on May. 21, 2013 at 1:48 AM
:( I'm sorry. Maybe he'll come around. Give him some time. Maybe once she outgrows the "terrible 2s (and 3s)" he'll start to have baby fever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on May. 21, 2013 at 1:48 AM

*hugs*

I'm sorry Momma. That's such a tough situation and is almost purely emotion-driven. I hope you guys can come to decision you both feel good about. 

kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 1:50 AM

talk to him a real heart to heart

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 21, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I always wanted two girls. It didn't seem to work out because after my first daughter was around 3, my husband decided that he didn't want any more. Well, a few years later, we got divorced, I met someone new and got pregnant... I got my other little girl, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 2:02 AM

We have had many. It always comes down to "we'll talk about it" and then a week later he's still saying he doesnt want any.

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

talk to him a real heart to heart

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 21, 2013 at 2:05 AM

I wanted four, I only have two. You get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Yeah but you still got more than one. I don't want dd to be an only child.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wanted four, I only have two. You get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 21, 2013 at 2:08 AM
I always wanted more than one, but it took me 5 years to feel ready to start TTC after my first. I love the age difference. I got to enjoy my first until school, and just as I was about to be a SAHM with no baby I had my second, and had the opportunity to give her lots of one on one time too. My kids play great together. I'd respect his "no" for now, but I'd tell him that you don't want him to do anything permanent until you both agree on when your family is complete. GL.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN