Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm leaving my husband...All divorced moms get in here.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
I've threatened and threatened. This time I'm serious. I want to know what any of you ladies did when you left your husbands, and how you got through day to day life.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump
young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Can't help, but here is a bump.
kgsharber
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:08 AM

I went to a lawyer that accepted payments and had him get an emergency custody agreement in place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Thanks. Lol

Quoting young_lv_mom:

Can't help, but here is a bump.
Zazayam
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I just packed up and left. Started saving up a little before the "big day" and felt nothing but relief and joy for it to be over.

bellawomen
by Summer on May. 21, 2013 at 2:11 AM
i am currently separated and in the beginning divorce stages. All i can say is have a plan so you have no reason to go back. Make sure your finances are in order, etc. This might mean you have to fake it for a while to get yourself in a better place. Talk to a lawyer before you move because in some states it is considered abandonment and you will give up all rights to the home and possessions. You also need to make sure you have yourself covered in regards to your children and custody. File for custody agreement right away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 2:12 AM
When my ds was 18 months old, called her dad a 'mean daddy' & slammed the door in his face I made him leave when the children were sleeping that night! It was hard with two kids & being a SAHM. I woke up this morning next to my dream df & knew all the bs was worth it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 2:12 AM
It was hard. Do you have a good support system? I didn't and that made it harder but still do able. But honestly laugh is so much more relaxing and enjoyable now.
I packed up my stuff and left. Got a job, while staying with my sis for a month and then got out own place. Even if your talking to friends I highly recommend that. At first you are so used to being around someone else that it feel lonely. But in time you appreciate it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Thanks. I really don't know what to do. I've been reading up on divorce laws in my state, but they seem vague to me. I'm moving back in with my mom and going to go from there.

Quoting kgsharber:

I went to a lawyer that accepted payments and had him get an emergency custody agreement in place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured