Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OK Tornadoes & Pets

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:15 AM
  • 6 Replies

http://okclostpets.com/

This site exists to help pet owners who lost their pets as a result of the May 20 tornadoes in Moore, Shawnee, Carney and Bethel Acres, Oklahoma. This is your virtual “bulletin board.” Instead of dozens of Facebook pages, this is the OFFICIAL SITE for the City of Oklahoma City and the City of Moore.

If you’ve lost your pet, post a notice here. If you’ve found a pet, or you work for a veterinary hospital or shelter that has taken in a pet, please post it here. Feel free to look through both listings and try to find a match yourself–we will also have volunteers working on this page to try to connect people with their pets.

Obviously, if you are affected by these storms you may not be able to take your pet back right away. Don’t worry–foster homes are standing by to care for your pets until you’re back on your feet. Just establish contact so we are able to get in touch with you, and so you can be aware that your pet is OK while you are dealing with other matters.

Our hearts are with you and we are here to help any way we can.

----------------------------------------------------
If you live in the Moore, OK area and are missing your pet, please check with the Moore Animal Shelter or our team at the Home Depot on 19th street in Moore. Our volunteers have processed close to 30 pets that are now being held at the shelter. 

We will have a team on-site through the night accepting found pets and assisting again tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------

by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on May. 21, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Bump! I always feel bad for pets in these situations
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Bump! I always feel bad for pets in these situations

I'm always afraid that my mom is going to get herself killed (she lives in SW Oklahoma) during a tornado because she REFUSES to leave her dogs. She'd rather stay at her house in the closet with the dogs than to leave & go to a shelter. :/ But I'm with you, I feel bad for the animals too. 

singlemama0905
by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:19 AM
bump
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel bad for them, too. As well as the livestock. I did just hear some people found a poodle alive and well in the rubble. I hope it is reunited with the owner. The Orr Family Farm, where I love to take my kids, was destroyed. I wonder if the animals are ok. It makes me sad. My son saw his first horse there. I'm glad there are people working to help the animals as well.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:20 AM

That's very nice.

SageAdvice
by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Hopefully all those with horses let them out of the barns. They are safer outside running free, then locked in. Thank goodness for Oklahoma's neighbors, they always make sure pets and stock get back to where they belong if at all possible.

I heard about a lot of horses dying today that were trapped in a barn. So sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)