Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My picture after the storm, im in okc - do you see what i see? edit

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:36 AM
  • 711 Replies
64 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

No editing, done in my front yard.

I'm getting really hurt by people making jokes about this. My area is broken. 91 dead, half of which are probably children. I see nothing funny about this. I couldnt stop crying all day, went outside for a second away from the horrible news coverage, and saw this. It gave me hope and made me feel a little better. My best friend can't find her 5 year old. This isn't a laughing matter. Please have a little respect.

The morning after- I can't even read all these replies. Until you live here and are dealing with this directly, I don't want to hear your mean statements. To those of you who have been kind, you have no idea how much I appreciate it. I went to Moore this morning to try to.volunteer, there were so many people the class the redcross was offering had a waiting list. To see how many homes were gone, breaks my heart. All the animals running thru the street. It's so sad. To make things worse, it stormed again today over the site. It warms my heart to see everyone pulling together. There was hundreds there trying to help. That's the Oklahoma way, we've done it before, we can so it again. I wish the news would focus more on the positive, people finding loved ones, people finding pets, all of the love sent from all over the world. Those of you asking about my friend, she did find her baby last night at the church! Thank god. I can't imagine how terrifying it was for her. My uncle and cousins all lost their homes, but they all made it out alive! If I was rude, I apologize. This is a very hard time. I understand people deal with grief in different ways, but making jokes isnt ok. Don't post them publicly when people are obviously hurting.
My title of the post always said I was in okc, women's replies in the first group of comments knew I was in okc. I did add the first edit after this post was being made a joke. I may be sensitive, but how could I not be? This is my home. This is my families home. These are kids, 2 elementary schools were directly hit. Yes, we do live in tornado alley, but this was not a normal tornado. Normal tornadoes that come in the spring often, may rip roofs off, break trees. This tornado completely flattened homes. If you took shelter in your closet like they tell you to, you were screwed. Not enough homes and schools have underground shelters. This was a horrifying thing. Please don't kick us while we are down, if you have nothing positive to say, just don't say it. Help us heal.
I see an angel, and it gave me hope. Why make me feel bad about that after what I've been thru?
Thanks again to those of you that have been kind. You have no idea how much it means to me.
by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't see anything??
mrs-mudge
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM
11 moms liked this
Ok...super creepy. Angel?
smilesmile
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this
A clown running?
HezekiahsMom07
by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM
16 moms liked this
An angel :-)
RadnRem
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:39 AM
12 moms liked this
Is that the wicked witch of the west floating away on her broomstick?
smilesmile
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I see that too!

Quoting RadnRem:

Is that the wicked witch of the west floating away on her broomstick?
JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on May. 21, 2013 at 2:39 AM
2 moms liked this

An angel .. 

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I see at least two faces. But I'm not making that into something, I just always find shapes in clouds...

cjsix
There are many ups and downs through out a marriage and our lives but,if we fight for what we care about most we can make it and find our hearts home <3
Yesterday at 3:02 AM
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:40 AM
5 moms liked this

There's an angel...

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:40 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh ok, I see an angel now that someone pointed that out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)