Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know its a petty thing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
But it annoys me.

My mom is always putting up posts about how her grandkids take after her. How much she loves them. Bjt when I post pics she wont even like the pic. However, when my sisters post about their dogs, they get gushed over. And it really bugs me.I

My brother has stepkids that they wont take time to get to know. I have the only other kids on my side. They will go visit the sisters with dogs but not my kids. Heck they wont even tell me when at my sisters so I can bring the kids.

Just a vent. My dad already unfriended me cuz I was deleting his comments that were trying to start fights.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I actually stopped going to facebook months ago because of crap like this. You cant change how other people behave..just yourself.  For me, it was just hurting my feelings and getting me mad every time I logged on and saw that fake crap from my sister about how much she loves her wonderful (cheating) husband or how much her daughter adores the same uncle that cant be bothered to visit MY kids...or pix of my folks with my brother and sister but not my family and a caption saying " nice to have the whole family together  (wth?!)  and so on.  It was just annoying.  So I pulled the plug.

You know what?  I feel much better.  You dont sit there and let someone keep poking you in the eye.  If they wont stop poking, you move.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 7:54 AM

sorry moma thats pretty hurtful. Have you come right out and asked your mom why?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Im tempted. I used to get on all the time. Now maybe once a week.

Quoting Anonymous:

I actually stopped going to facebook months ago because of crap like this. You cant change how other people behave..just yourself.  For me, it was just hurting my feelings and getting me mad every time I logged on and saw that fake crap from my sister about how much she loves her wonderful (cheating) husband or how much her daughter adores the same uncle that cant be bothered to visit MY kids...or pix of my folks with my brother and sister but not my family and a caption saying " nice to have the whole family together  (wth?!)  and so on.  It was just annoying.  So I pulled the plug.

You know what?  I feel much better.  You dont sit there and let someone keep poking you in the eye.  If they wont stop poking, you move.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Oh I know why. Its a long story. Has to do with issues between my parents and dh. Dh just doesn't talk to them but has never said they can't have a relationship with their grandkids . They are using the situation to make themselves look like victims. They refuse to admit they were wrong in any way.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

sorry moma thats pretty hurtful. Have you come right out and asked your mom why?

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh I know why. Its a long story. Has to do with issues between my parents and dh. Dh just doesn't talk to them but has never said they can't have a relationship with their grandkids . They are using the situation to make themselves look like victims. They refuse to admit they were wrong in any way.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Your dh and them need to make amends. Sadly there will come a day when they wish they had.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I know. Problem is dh and my dad are both unbelievably stubborn. Its driving me crazy. I keep trying to talk to dh about it but he's refuses. I just hope eventually something will click.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Your dh and them need to make amends. Sadly there will come a day when they wish they had.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I know. Problem is dh and my dad are both unbelievably stubborn. Its driving me crazy. I keep trying to talk to dh about it but he's refuses. I just hope eventually something will click.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Point out that because of his disagreement with your parents your children are loosing out on a very valuable relationship.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I have. Ive pointed out that its affecting me. Dh says I can see my parents if I want. He doesn't see why he has to be friends. Sigh.

Dh deploys for months at a time and my parents wont even come visit during those times. He was gone for christmas so I invited everyone to come here. Nope, they spent it at sister's house an hour away. My dad has said he wont bring it up when I visit so i'll feel comfortable but all he does is complain about my husband. Tell me how hes leaving everything in his will to my sister. He wont give me the gun my grandpa left me. He can't get a reaction out of my husband so now I feel like he's attacking me.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Point out that because of his disagreement with your parents your children are loosing out on a very valuable relationship.

icn_mom
by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM

it sounds like they are using a social network to try and look like the worlds greatest grandparents :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM
People put way too much thought into fb these days. It's sad
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)